Durgapur: Today was the first day of the two days per week lockdown announced by the West Bengal government on 20th July.
Though people were warned repeatedly that violation of the lockdown may lead to strict actions, still few people were seen roaming in the street with lame excuses.
But this time the Asansol-Durgapur police didn’t let these violators go that easily.
On Thursday, 23rd July, more then 90 people were arrested from various parts of Durgapur for violation of lockdown.
According to some sources, the actual number is 95 as stated by Durgapur DCP Abhishek Gupta.
They were charged under section 188, violation of lockdown laws.
The people of Durgapur, who are genuinely aware of the situation that is going on throughout the world, are appreciating this step taken by Durgapur Police.
According to them, only strict actions like this will help bring down the ever increasing curve.
All shops and markets throughout Durgapur were closed today. Only few essential commodity shops were open.
The next complete lockdown will be held on 25th July.
Previously, more than 600 people were arrested from various areas across Paschim Bardhaman for not wearing masks.
Acording to a bulletin released by the West Bengal health department on 23rd July, 65 new cases were reported in Paschim Bardhaman in the last day.
The number of cases in Durgapur crossed 150.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Verify PM Kisan and Aadhar number link status online 2021
- PM Kisan e-KYC 2021 | Link Aadhaar with PM Kisan Online
- West Bengal Voter List 2022 PDF Download Online (with details)
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check Online in West Bengal 2021
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022