Durgapur: Today was the first day of the two days per week lockdown announced by the West Bengal government on 20th July.
Though people were warned repeatedly that violation of the lockdown may lead to strict actions, still few people were seen roaming in the street with lame excuses.
But this time the Asansol-Durgapur police didn’t let these violators go that easily.
On Thursday, 23rd July, more then 90 people were arrested from various parts of Durgapur for violation of lockdown.
According to some sources, the actual number is 95 as stated by Durgapur DCP Abhishek Gupta.
They were charged under section 188, violation of lockdown laws.
The people of Durgapur, who are genuinely aware of the situation that is going on throughout the world, are appreciating this step taken by Durgapur Police.
According to them, only strict actions like this will help bring down the ever increasing curve.
All shops and markets throughout Durgapur were closed today. Only few essential commodity shops were open.
The next complete lockdown will be held on 25th July.
Previously, more than 600 people were arrested from various areas across Paschim Bardhaman for not wearing masks.
Acording to a bulletin released by the West Bengal health department on 23rd July, 65 new cases were reported in Paschim Bardhaman in the last day.
The number of cases in Durgapur crossed 150.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- How To Find Duare Sarkar Camp List Near You In West Bengal 2023
- Vehicle No Objection Certificate (NOC) Download Process 2023
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate PDF Download Online Process 2023
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) PDF Download Process 2023
- How To Check RTO Application Status Online 2023
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially
- Caste Certificate Download (PDF) Online Process West Bengal 2023
- Duplicate PAN Card PDF Download Process | Instant e-PAN card
- Krishak Bandhu ID Number Check (Search) Online Process 2023