Sometimes it can happen that you might want to correct or update your Aadhar card details such as your name, date of birth, address, and gender details online.
UIDAI has made the online Aadhaar Card correction process easier through their official website uidai.gov.in.
In this article, you will get to know the following details about Aadhar Card correction online,
- Aadhar card data that can be corrected
- Documents required
- Aadhar Card correction charges
- Steps to correct Aadhar card online
Let’s see each of these points in detail…
Aadhaar data that can be corrected online
Details in your Aadhar card that you can correct online are,
- Local language
- Date of Birth
Documents required for online Aadhar correction
The documents required to correct Aadhar details online are,
- Aadhar number
- Mobile number linked with Aadhar
- Supporting documents for the Aadhar correction (Identity Proof, Address proof)
Aadhar card correction charges
You need to pay a one-time fee of Rs. 50 to correct any data in your Aadhar card online.
This card can be paid online using a Debit/Credit card, Net Banking, UPI, etc.
Steps to correct or update Aadhar card online
To correct the details in your Aadhar card online,
Step 1: Go to the official website of myAadhaar
- First, go to the myAadhaar web portal at myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Next, click on the ‘Login’ option.
- A new page will open.
Step 2: Enter Aadhaar number
- On the new page, enter your Aadhaar number.
- Next enter the captcha code and click on send OTP.
- Once you receive the OTP, enter it into the specified field.
- Now click on login.
- You will be logged in to the portal.
In case you have forgotten your Aadhaar number, you can get it by following the steps given in the article below.
Click to know the steps to get your Aadhaar number online.
Step 3: Click Update Aadhar Online
- On the myAadhaar portal, click on the ‘Update Aadhar Online’ option.
- Next, click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhar’.
- A new page will open up.
Step 4: Enter Aadhaar details to be corrected
- On the new page, select the details you want to update or correct (such as name, address, etc.)
- Now click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar”.
- Enter the new or correct details properly in both English and in your local language.
- Next, select ‘Manual Upload’.
- Now select the supporting document type.
- Next, click on ‘Continue to Upload’.
- Now select the document (PDF) and upload it.
- Now click on Next.
Step 5: Preview changes
- On the next page, preview the changes made.
- You can edit the changes made in case you have made any mistakes by clicking on ‘Edit’.
- If everything is correct, click the Checkboxes.
- Now click on ‘Next’.
- A new page will open.
Step 6: Complete the Payment
- On the new page, click on the checkbox.
- Now click on ‘Make Payment’.
- Now select your desired payment method.
- Complete the payment of Rs.50.
- After completion, you can download the acknowledge slip of the payment.
Your application for Aadhar card correction will be successfully submitted.
By following these steps you can easily apply for your Aadhaar card correction online.
You can check the status of your application by following the steps given in the article below.
Click to know the steps to check the status of your Aadhaar card correction online.
FAQs about Aadhar card correction online
How to correct your Aadhaar card details online?
You can correct your Aadhar card details online through the myAadhaar portal of UIDAI at myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
What Aadhaar data can you correct online?
You can correct your name, address, date of birth, gender, and local language data in your Aadhaar card online.
What are the documents required to correct Aadhar details online?
You need your Aadhaar number, Aadhaar linked mobile number, and supporting documents for the changes or corrections you make in the Aadhaar data.
Find more Central Govt Scheme
- How To Apply for Duplicate Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- How To Change Address In Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- Driving Licence Renewal Online Process 2023 (All States)
- mParivahan App Registration and Login Process Online 2023
- Aadhaar Bank Link Status Check (All Banks) Online Process 2023
- Vehicle Ownership Or RC Transfer Status Check Online Process
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.