An income certificate is an official document that can be used as proof of the annual income of a person or family.
In West Bengal, this document is issued by the state government and shows the income of a person of his/her family from all kinds of sources.
This document is mandatory in various places such as during admissions in various schools and colleges, to apply for different schemes, etc.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about the West Bengal income certificate,
- How to Apply
- Check Application Status
- Time to issue Certificate
- Steps to Download
Let’s see each of these points in detail…
Eligibility to obtain income certificate West Bengal
The eligibility criteria that you need to fulfill to obtain the income certificate are,
- You must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
Documents Required for obtaing income certificate inn WB
The documents that you need to obtain an income certificate from the West Bengal government are,
- Residential proof (such as Aadhar card, ration card, etc.)
- Income proof (such as salary certificate, income proof from gram Panchayat/municipality, income tax return acknowledgment, etc.)
- Passport size photo.
Fees for obtaining income certificate in West Bengal
The Income Certificate is provided free of charge by the West Bengal government. You can easily apply online through the e-district portal.
Steps to apply for BDO/SDO/DM income certificate online
To apply online for the BDO/SDO/DM income certificate in West Bengal,
Step 1: Go to the official website
- First go to the official website of the West Bengal e-district portal.
- Now, Click on new registration and register yourself as a citizen.
- Now go to the main screen and login.
- If you already have an account, login directly.
Step 2: Open Income certificate application form
- Now click on “Certificate” option and then click on “Income certificate”.
- Scroll down and click on “Apply” button.
- The Application form for income certificate will appear on your screen.
- Fill all the details correctly.
- Next click on the checkbox and click on “Save & Next”.
- New page will open up. Verify all the details correctly.
- If there are any errors you can click on edit application to edit it.
- If everything is ok click on “Attach supporting documents”.
Step 3: Upload documents
- Upload all the scanned documents as requested.
- Now click on “Save & Next”.
- A new page will open up.
Step 4: Submit application form
- Verify all the details correctly.
- If there are any errors click on edit application to correct it.
- If everything is ok, click on the submit button.
- Application for income Certificate will be submitted and an acknowledgement page will be shown on the screen.
You can take a printout of the acknowledgment page and save it for further reference.
Check application status of WB income certificate
To check the application status of your income certificate application,
- First go to the official website of the “West Bengal e-district portal”.
- Now login into your account.
- Once you are logged in click on “track application”.
- The status of all your applications will be shown on the screen.
Time to issue income certificate in West Bengal
It takes about 7 working days to issue the income certificate after submission of the application online/offline.
Steps to download income certificate
The West Bengal government gives an option to download your income Certificate online after the application has been approved.
To download your income Certificate online,
- First go to the official website of the West Bengal e district portal.
- Now login into your citizens account.
- Now click on approved documents.
- From the options click on income certificate.
- Now enter your income certificate application acknowledgement number in the specified field.
- Click on “search”.
- New page will open now. Download the certificate by clicking the download button.
Is the West Bengal Income Certificate free?
The West Bengal income certificate can be obtained for free from the e-district portal of the West Bengal government.
How much time does it take to issue WB Income Certificate?
The West Bengal Income Certificate is generally issued within 7 days after submitting the application.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Driver Authorization Letter West Bengal – How To Generate Online
- How To Digitize Old Caste Certificate (Manual to Digital) West Bengal
- Caste Certificate Digitization Status Check Online West Bengal
- West Bengal Samasya Samadhan (Jan Sanjog) Scheme 2024
- Swasthya Sathi Card Balance Check Online Process 2024
- Disability Certificate Status Check Online Process West Bengal 2024
- How To Download Disability Certificate (PDF) In West Bengal 2024
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Correction Online Process 2024
- How To Apply For Disability Certificate Online West Bengal 2024
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only and may contain human errors. Images used are for representative purposes only.