If you move to a new address within West Bengal, you might need to change your ration shop.
To do that you need to fill form 6.
The West Bengal government now allows you to fill this form 6/change ration card address online easily through their website in case you shift to a new city within West Bengal or want to change ration shop due to some other reason.
In this article you will get to know the following points regarding filling up this form 6 to change address online:
Now let’s see each of these points in detail…
Documents required for online address or ration shop change application
The documents required to change the address on the ration card online are:
- Ration card number
- Address proof of the new address (driving license, the electric bill, etc.)
Steps to apply for digital ration shop or address change online
To change West Bengal digital ration card shop or address online,
Step 1: Go to the Official Ration Card website
- First, go to the official website of the West Bengal food and supplies department.
- Now select the ration card option from the left side of the screen.
- Next click on the “Apply Online” option and select “Apply for change of Ration shop (from 6)”.
- A new page will open.
To use the digital ration card facility of the West Bengal government, first, you need to link your Aadhaar and mobile number with your ration card.
You can read the article below to know about the steps to link your Aadhaar Card with your ration card.
Step 2: Log in to the WB Digital Ration card portal
- Enter your mobile number linked with your ration card.
- Click on “Get OTP”. You will receive an OTP on your registered number.
- Enter the OTP in the specified field and click on proceed.
- The home screen of the West Bengal online ration card portal will open in front of you.
In case you don’t know which number is linked with your ration card, see the article below.
Step 3: Fill up FORM 6
- The home screen of the West Bengal online ration card portal will an in front of you.
- Scroll down to the form section.
- Click “Apply now” button below “Apply for form 6”.
- Now enter your new address.
- Enter new Ration Fair Price Shop (FPS) details.
- Click on Next.
- A new page will open, scroll down and upload address proof.
- Now click on “Its Okay” checkbox.
- Click on Next.
Step 4: Submit FORM 6
- After a new page opens, click on the “I Certify” checkbox and then click on get OTP.
- Now enter the OTP in the specified field and click on submit OTP.
- Once you do that you will get a success notice showing that your form is successfully submitted.
Now you can log in to the West Bengal digital ration card portal any time and check the status of your application.
There is also an option to check the status of your ration card application form without logging in.
You can read the article below to know more about it.
By following these steps you can easily change the address or your ration shop online through the West Bengal food and supplies department’s official website (food.wb.gov.in or wbpds.gov.in).
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check 2021 – banglashasyabima.net
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Online Apply 2021 (New process)
- Swasthya Sathi Hospital List – How to check (Any district)
- Duare Ration, Duare Sarkar phase 3 to start from November 16
- Krishak Bandhu status check online in West Bengal 2021
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only and may contain human errors. Images used are for representative purposes only.