If you move to a new address within West Bengal, you might need to change your ration shop. To do that you need to fill Form 6.
Department of Food & Supplies, Government of West Bengal now allows you to fill this Form 6 or change your ration card address online easily through their website food.wb.gov.in.
You can do this in case you shift to a new city within West Bengal or want to change your ration shop due to some other reason.
In this article, you will get to know the following points regarding filling up Form 6 to change address online,
Now let’s see each of these points in detail.
Documents required for ration card address or ration shop change application
The documents required to change the address on the ration card online are:
- Ration card number
- Address proof of the new address (driving license, electric bill, etc.)
Steps to apply for digital ration shop or address change online
To change West Bengal digital ration card shop or address online,
Step 1: Go to the Official Ration Card website
- First, go to the official website of the West Bengal Food and Supplies Department.
- Next, select the ‘Ration Card’ option.
- Next, click on the “Apply for shifting to another ration shop of entire family” option.
- A new page will open.
To use the digital ration card facility of the West Bengal government, first, you need to link your Aadhaar and mobile number with your ration card.
You can read the article below to know about the steps to link your Aadhaar Card with your ration card.
Step 2: Log in to the WB Digital Ration card portal
- On the new page, enter your mobile number linked with your ration card.
- Next, click on the “Get OTP” button. You will receive an OTP on your registered number.
- Next, enter the OTP in the specified field and click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- The home screen of the West Bengal online ration card portal will open in front of you.
In case you don’t know which number is linked to your ration card, see the article below.
Step 3: Fill up FORM 6
- Now, scroll down to the form section.
- Next, click the “Apply now” button below the “Apply for Form 6” option.
- Next, enter your new address.
- Next, enter new Ration Fair Price Shop (FPS) details.
- Next, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- A new page will open, scroll down, and upload the address proof.
- Next, click on the “Its Okay” checkbox.
- Next, click on the ‘Next’ button.
Step 4: Submit FORM 6
- After a new page opens, click on the “I Certify” checkbox and then click on the ‘Get OTP’ button.
- Next, enter the OTP received in the specified field and click on the ‘Submit OTP’ button.
- Once you do that you will get a success notice showing that your form is successfully submitted.
Now you can log in to the West Bengal digital ration card portal at any time and check the status of your application.
There is also an option to check the status of your ration card application form without logging in.
You can read the article below to know more about it.
By following these steps you can easily change the address or your ration shop online through the West Bengal Food and Supplies Department’s official website (food.wb.gov.in or wbpds.gov.in).
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Disability Certificate Status Check Online Process West Bengal 2023
- How To Download Disability Certificate (PDF) In West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Correction Online Process 2023
- How To Apply For Disability Certificate Online West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal e-District Portal Registration Process Online 2023
- How to Search Birth Certificate By Name West Bengal Online 2023
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.