The Indian government is about to start administrating the precaution (booster) dose or the 3rd dose of the COVID-19 vaccine from 10th December.
Persons who are eligible for booster dose can check their eligibility on the Cowin website.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about the COVID vaccine Precaution (Booster) dose in India,
Let’s see each of these points in detail…
Steps to check COVID Precaution (booster) dose eligibility
To check your eligibility for a booster dose in India,
Step 1: Go to the official webite
- Open the CoWIN website at cowin.gov.in
- Click on Register/Sign in.
- A new page will open.
Step 2: Sign in on the portal
- Enter your mobile number used during taking the previous vaccines.
- Click on Get OTP.
- An OTP should arrive on your phone.
- Enter the OTP in the specified filed.
- Click Verify.
Step 3: Check booster (precaution) dose eligibility
- In case you are eligible, a “precaution dose” section will be displayed on the screen.
- You can schedule the precaution dose after about 9 months from the date on which the 2nd dose was taken.
By following these steps, you can easily check if you are eligible for the 3rd dose or booster dose of the COVID vaccine in India.
Who are eligible to get a booster dose in India
People who are eligible for precaution (booster) dose includes,
- Frontline workers.
- Healthcare workers.
- Citizens above the age of 60 with comorbidity.
Senior citizens with comorbidity are advised to consult with their doctors about taking the booster (3rd) dose of the COVID vaccine by the government.
FAQs regarding precaution (booster) dose eligibility
Who are eligible for a booster dose in India?
Frontline workers, healthcare workers, people above the age of 60 with comorbidity are eligible for a booster dose in India.
What should be the gap between the 2nd and 3rd doses of the Covid vaccine in India?
The Health Ministry of the Indian government has mentioned that there must be a gap of about 9 months or 37 weeks between the 2nd and 3rd doses of the Covid vaccine.
Find more Central Govt Schemes
- Vehicle No Objection Certificate (NOC) Download Process 2022
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate PDF Download Online Process 2022
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) PDF Download Process 2022
- How To Check RTO Application Status Online 2022
- Duplicate PAN Card PDF Download Process | Instant e-PAN card
- Voter ID and Aadhaar Link Online Process 2022 (FORM 6B)
- Aadhaar Update History – How to Check Online and Download
- e-Amrit EV (Electric Vehicle) portal 2022 – Features, Benefits
- Check the PAN Card Application Status Online via NSDL 2022
*The information provided in the article is for educational purposes only and may contain human errors.