Raniganj: Increasing number of COVID cases has resulted in complete lockdown in some areas of Raniganj.
In last 24 days, 52 cases of COVID have been reported in the town and village areas of Raniganj.
According to sources, BMOH has claimed that there is a high chance of community spreading due to increasing number of COVID cases in urban areas.
For the increasing graph of COVID cases, Asansol Municipal Corporation had called for a meeting today under Mayor Jitendra Tiwari.
In the meeting, Commissioner Khursid Ali Kadri, OC of Raniganj Police station, Sanjay Chakrabarty, BDO of Raniganj were also present.
[Also Read: One Containment zone announced in Durgapur]
In this meeting, it has been decided that ward no. 88 and 89 of Raniganj will be under complete lockdown for 7 days, till 24th July.
But, there will be no restriction for buying important and essential commodities in those areas.
Various local media reports claimed that the number of positive cases in Raniganj increased from 27 to 52 on Wednesday.
For the increasing number of COVID cases, people of Raniganj demanded for a 15 days complete lockdown in the whole town.
The administrative body has informed that, If someone breaks the rules of Lockdown in those areas under complete lockdown, legal step should be taken against them.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- How To Register On Vahan NR e-Services Portal Online 2023
- Driving Licence Test Slot Booking Online Process 2023
- How To Lock And Unlock Your Aadhaar Biometrics Online 2023
- How to Search Voter ID By Name Online In India (Any State) 2023
- Cancel Aadhaar Update Request Online Process 2023
- How To Change Date of Birth (DOB) In Driving Licence Online 2023
- How To Transfer Voter Card (Change Address) After Marriage 2023
- How to Search Birth Certificate By Name West Bengal Online 2023
- Find Birth Certificate Acknowledgment Number West Bengal 2023