Paschim Bardhaman: The number of COVID cases in Paschim Bardhaman is again on the averaging at about 120 cases per day.
In the last 3 days, 103, 129, and 120 cases were recorded in the district according to West Bengal Health Department. A few days ago, the cases were averaging below 80.
This sudden increase in the number of cases just before Durga Puja has become a reason for worry among the citizens of Durgapur and Paschim Bardhaman district as a whole.
With only 2 days left for “Saptami”, experts are analyzing the rate of cases in the district and the state can go very high.
The High Court has already released an order stating that all Durga Puja Pandals across the state will be treated as containment zones.
It also stated that no visitors will be allowed inside the temple and only 25 people will be allowed at once including organizers.
This order was directed to all big and small Puja Commitees all across the state and it expected to prevent large gathering during these times.
In Paschim Bardhaman, as on 19th October, there are 1,114 active cases.
The total number of cases reported till date in the district is 9,119 and a total of 7912 people have recovered so far.
93 people have lost the battle of life to COVID in Paschim Bardhaman.
[Disclaimer: The news and information we provide are in the public interest. We collect information from various sources and crosscheck them to verify they are 100% authentic. But still if you think any news or information we provide is inaccurate, please leave us a mail at [email protected]]
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- Verify PM Kisan and Aadhar number link status online 2021
- PM Kisan e-KYC 2021 | Link Aadhaar with PM Kisan Online
- West Bengal Voter List 2022 PDF Download Online (with details)
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check Online in West Bengal 2021
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022