Durgapur: Dharmendra Pradhan, the Union Steel Minister of India, inaugurated the 200-bed Jumbo COVID care facility of Durgapur Steel Plant on Monday.
The inauguration was done through a virtual meeting and an online program.
This facility is SAIL’s second COVID care facility and is a part of a 500-bed facility planned at Durgapur by SAIL.
Similar facilities have also been planned at Burnpur, Bhilai, Rourkela, and Bokaro.
According to news sources, this is a joint venture between SAIL (Durgapur Steel Plant), the Government of West Bengal, and Health World Hospitals.
A few days back the hospital authorities have announced the bed charges of general and ICU wards.
This Jumbo COVID care facility is fitted with a dedicated pipeline to supply gaseous oxygen directly from the plant. Oxygen cylinders have also been made available as a backup in case of any disruption of oxygen supply from the plant.
This new COVID care facility is set up in a two-storied building near the CHRD department of Durgapur Steel Plant and is located in close proximity to GT Road.
Durgapur Steel Plant posted about the inauguration on their Facebook page along with pictures of this new Jumbo COVID care facility, on Monday.
Another 200 bed COVID care facility has been set up in Burnpur as well.
These two new facilities will boost the number of COVID beds in the Paschim Bardhaman district.
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- How To Update Mobile Number Registered With Vehicle 2023
- 6 Best Parks To Visit in Durgapur (West Bengal)
- How To Find Duare Sarkar Camp List Near You In West Bengal 2023
- Vehicle No Objection Certificate (NOC) Download Process 2023
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate PDF Download Online Process 2023
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) PDF Download Process 2023