Durgapur: Dharmendra Pradhan, the Union Steel Minister of India, inaugurated the 200-bed Jumbo COVID care facility of Durgapur Steel Plant on Monday.
The inauguration was done through a virtual meeting and an online program.
This facility is SAIL’s second COVID care facility and is a part of a 500-bed facility planned at Durgapur by SAIL.
Similar facilities have also been planned at Burnpur, Bhilai, Rourkela, and Bokaro.
According to news sources, this is a joint venture between SAIL (Durgapur Steel Plant), the Government of West Bengal, and Health World Hospitals.
A few days back the hospital authorities have announced the bed charges of general and ICU wards.
This Jumbo COVID care facility is fitted with a dedicated pipeline to supply gaseous oxygen directly from the plant. Oxygen cylinders have also been made available as a backup in case of any disruption of oxygen supply from the plant.
This new COVID care facility is set up in a two-storied building near the CHRD department of Durgapur Steel Plant and is located in close proximity to GT Road.
Durgapur Steel Plant posted about the inauguration on their Facebook page along with pictures of this new Jumbo COVID care facility, on Monday.
Another 200 bed COVID care facility has been set up in Burnpur as well.
These two new facilities will boost the number of COVID beds in the Paschim Bardhaman district.
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check 2021 – banglashasyabima.net
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021