Durgapur: To fight against the second wave of COVID, the Durgapur Steel plant has taken the initiative to set up 500 bedded COVID hospital facilities in Durgapur.
IISCO Steel Plant in Burnpur is also in the process of setting up a similar 500 bedded COVID hospital facilities in Burnpur.
According to news sources, the hospital facilities will be set up near the Durgapur Steel Plant premises, most probably in the CHRD building of Durgapur Steel Plant. However, the area to set up the hospital has not been finalized yet.
It is also known that all the beds will have oxygen support and will have uninterrupted oxygen supply from DSP’s own oxygen plant.
According to a post by DSP, once this hospital facility gets ready, it will be handed over to the state administration for operations.
This increase in the number of beds will help in the treatment of many COVID patients in critical conditions in the Paschim Bardhaman district.
The Durgapur Steel Plant on Saturday flagged off the ‘Oxygen Express’ from Durgapur to Delhi. It is carrying 120 tons of Liquid Medical Oxygen to the national capital.
Get Latest News and Updates about Durgapur on WhatsApp
[Like our Facebook Page to get Regular Updates about Durgapur]
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- How To Apply for Duplicate Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- How To Change Address In Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- Driving Licence Renewal Online Process 2023 (All States)
- mParivahan App Registration and Login Process Online 2023
- Aadhaar Bank Link Status Check (All Banks) Online Process 2023
- Durgapur To Kolkata – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train