Anyone with a valid driving license in India may need to apply for a duplicate driving licence in case they lose, damage, or misplace their original license. It is also required in case the DL is completely written up or the photo attached to the licence needs replacement. This is important to avoid any legal issues or penalties in case of traffic violations.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of the Government of India has made it easier to apply for a duplicate driving licence online through their official website parivahan.gov.in.
In this article, you will get to know the following points on how to apply for a duplicate driving licence online,
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
Documents required to apply for a duplicate Driving Licence online
The documents and details you need to apply for a duplicate Driving Licence is,
- Driving Licence Scanned Copy (if available)
- FIR or NCR of the lost or stolen license (if applicable)
Fees required to apply for a duplicate Driving Licence online
The fees* for duplicate Driving Licence application are,
|Driving Licence duplicate (Normal)||Rs. 200|
|FORM-7 fees (Additional)||Rs. 200|
*Subject to change
Steps to apply for a duplicate Driving Licence online in India
To apply for Driving Licence duplicate online,
Step 1: Go to the official website of Parivahan Sarathi
- First, go to the official website of Parivahan at parivahan.gov.in
- Next, click on ‘Online Services’ and select ‘Driving License Related Services’ from the drop-down.
- Select your state.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply for Duplicate DL’ option
- The Parivahan Sarathi portal will open up on your screen.
- On the new page, click on the ‘Apply for Duplicate DL’ option on the dashboard.
- A new page will open up.
- Next, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Another page will open up.
Step 3: Enter your Driving Licence (DL) details
- On the new page, enter your DL number and Date of Birth as on your Driving Licence.
- Next, enter the captcha code.
- Next, click on the ‘Get DL Details’ button.
- A new page with your driving licence details will open.
Step 4: Verify and update DL details
- Fill out the details that are not pre-filled. (if applicable)
- Now, select your RTO from the drop-down.
- Next, click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Next, update your mobile number and Email ID. (optional)
- Next. click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- A new page will open.
Step 5: Fill out the ‘Duplicate DL’ application form
- You will see a new page with a list of services that you can avail of.
- Next, click on the checkbox next to the “Issue of Duplicate DL” option from the list. (if not already selected)
- Next, click on the ‘Proceed’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Now, select the reason for the Duplicate DL application from the drop-down list.
- Next, click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
Step 6: Submit the ‘Duplicate DL’ application form
- Now, click on the ‘Self Declaration (Form 1)’ button and fill it up. (if applicable)
- Next, click on the checkbox and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Next, fill out the declaration checkboxes as applicable.
- Next, enter the captcha code and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Next, click on the ‘Ok’ button.
Your application will be successfully submitted. Now you need to upload the documents and pay the required fees.
Step 7: Upload the required documents
- Now, click the ‘Next’ button and then click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Your application number and date of birth will be automatically filled out. Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Next, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Next, upload all the required documents, driving licence scanned copy, FIR/NCR report (if applicable), and medical certificate (if applicable).
- Next, click on the ‘Next’ button.
Step 8: Pay the fee
- Now, make sure the ‘FEE PAYMENT’ option is selected and click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- You will see the details of the fees that you need to pay for applying for a duplicate driving license.
- Next, choose your preferred payment gateway and enter the captcha code.
- Next, click on the ‘Pay Now’ button.
- Next, accept the terms and click on the ‘Proceed for Payment’ button.
- Complete the payment process and take a printout or save the receipt for future reference.
By following these steps, you can easily apply for a duplicate driving license online in India. Your duplicate driving licence will be sent to your registered address.
You can check the status of your application online through the official website of Parivahan at parivahan.gov.in.
In case there is no action taken on your application even after a few months, you can book an appointment and visit the RTO with all the related documents.
Find more Central Govt Scheme
- How To Retrieve Or Find Aadhar Virtual ID (VID) Online 2023
- How To Generate Aadhar Card Virtual ID (VID) Online 2023
- How To Register On Vahan NR e-Services Portal Online 2023
- Driving Licence Test Slot Booking Online Process 2023
- How To Lock And Unlock Your Aadhaar Biometrics Online 2023
- How to Search Voter ID By Name Online In India (Any State) 2023
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.