Nobel CoronaVirus is spreading all across the globe. Impacting lives of lakhs and crores of people everywhere.
Coronavirus scare had made people across the globe and across India locked at there home. Giant MNCs had also advices their employees to work from home.
Effect of CoronaVirus scare can be seen in Durgapur as well.
Mostly during weekends, people can be seen in large groups in malls and restaurants hanging out with friends and family.
But this last weekend, Malls, restaurant hotels and markets were almost empty. There were hardly anyone seen eating out in restaurants or doing some shopping in the malls.
This effect is due to the coronavirus scare.
Popular markets like the Benachity and Candidas Markets were less crowded in comparison to other weekends.
The West Bengal goverment on Saturday declared that all Schools and Colleges will remain closed till 31st March as a preventive measure.
Durgapur Municipal Corporation on Sunday also organised a COVID-19 awareness drive in Benachity to make the general public aware of the virus. Isolation wards are also being set up in various hospitals in Asansol and Durgapur.
The West Bengal government had also advised the general public to stay at home and to go out only if necessary.
Till 15th March, 116 Cases in India was confirmed. 6 people are admitted in West Bengal for showing symtoms. However, none of them are confirmed.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Flights from Durgapur to Jaipur and Patna to start from May 2023
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially
- Durgapur Durga Puja Carnival 2022 – Date, Time, Venue
- New Internet Exchange Point inaugurated in Durgapur
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 7 days
- Durgapur to Guwahati flight services to start by the end of March 2022
- SBSTC starts Durgapur Airport to Durgapur Station bus service
- West Bengal Primary & Upper Primary schools to reopen this week
- Some services at DSP Hospital will not be available for 15 days