Joydev: Almost all gatherings and fairs are getting closed or postponed due to the ongoing situation since the start o 2020. The Poush Mela at Santiniketan had to be postponed as well.
However, there is good news for the people who loves fairs.
Although the Poush Mela has been postponed, permission has been granted for the Joydev-Kenduli Mela. The fair will be for two days. The Kalpataru Mela is also being held currently in Durgapur.
A meeting of the fair committee was held with the Birbhum district administration at Joydev-Kenduli gram panchayat on Wednesday. At this meeting, it was decided to organize the fair for two days in compliance with all the safety regulations.
The meeting was attended by the Superintendent of Police, District Administration Officers, and other dignitaries.
The dates for the fair are expected to be 14th-15th January 2021. However, the exact dates are not finalized.
According to sources, the administration has said that all efforts will be made to prevent large public gatherings at the fair, and the fair will be held in accordance with the rules.
There will be a total of approx 152 “Baul Akhras” in this fair.
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check 2021 – banglashasyabima.net
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021