Joydev: Almost all gatherings and fairs are getting closed or postponed due to the ongoing situation since the start o 2020. The Poush Mela at Santiniketan had to be postponed as well.
However, there is good news for the people who loves fairs.
Although the Poush Mela has been postponed, permission has been granted for the Joydev-Kenduli Mela. The fair will be for two days. The Kalpataru Mela is also being held currently in Durgapur.
A meeting of the fair committee was held with the Birbhum district administration at Joydev-Kenduli gram panchayat on Wednesday. At this meeting, it was decided to organize the fair for two days in compliance with all the safety regulations.
The meeting was attended by the Superintendent of Police, District Administration Officers, and other dignitaries.
The dates for the fair are expected to be 14th-15th January 2021. However, the exact dates are not finalized.
According to sources, the administration has said that all efforts will be made to prevent large public gatherings at the fair, and the fair will be held in accordance with the rules.
There will be a total of approx 152 “Baul Akhras” in this fair.
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- How To Update Mobile Number Registered With Vehicle 2023
- 6 Best Parks To Visit in Durgapur (West Bengal)
- How To Find Duare Sarkar Camp List Near You In West Bengal 2023
- Vehicle No Objection Certificate (NOC) Download Process 2023
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate PDF Download Online Process 2023
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) PDF Download Process 2023