The Krishak Bandhu scheme, also known as Krishok Bondhu Prakalpa, is a financial assistance scheme provided to farmers by the West Bengal government.
This is done to support the farmers financially during the pre-production stage. Farmers can easily buy grains and fertilizers using the amount received under this scheme for their farming.
The scheme also covers death benefits by providing income protection to the family of the farmer in case of his/her untimely demise.
The Krishak Bandhu scheme was introduced in 2019 by the West Bengal government. It was recently upgraded to Krishak Bandhu (NEW) and the amount received by the farmers was doubled in 2021.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about the Krishak Bandhu (NEW) scheme,
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
About the Krishak Bandhu scheme
|Name of the scheme
|Krishak Bandhu Prakalpa
|West Bengal Government
|Farmers of West Bengal
|Financial assistance to farmers
Eligibility for Krishak Bandhu scheme
The eligibility to apply for the Krishak Bandhu scheme are,
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- Applicant must have farmland in West Bengal or can be a Bhagchasi (sharecropper).
Benefits of Krishak Bandhu scheme
Under the Krishak Bandhu scheme the benefits that the farmers of West Bengal will receive include,
- Financial assistance twice a year to the farmers of West Bengal.
- Death Benefits up to 2 lakhs.
- Crop insurance is covered by the government of West Bengal.
- “Krishak Bandhu” digital Smart Card provided to farmers.
Krishak Bandhu scheme amount
The farmers of West Bengal get yearly financial assistance from the West Bengal government.
The amount that a farmer receives based on the land area is,
|Less than 1 acre of farmland
|Rs.4000 per year
|1 acre or more of farmland
|Rs.10000 per year
This amount will be provided in two installments of Rs. 5,000 each with a minimum of Rs. 2,000 on a Pro-rata basis. The first installment is paid in June and the second installment is in November.
Apart from this, if a farmer registered under the Krishak Bandhu scheme dies before the age of 60, the family of the farmer can claim a death benefit of up to Rs. 2 lakhs.
Once you have applied under the Krishak Bandhu scheme, you can easily check your application status or payment status online.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Driver Authorization Letter West Bengal – How To Generate Online
- How To Digitize Old Caste Certificate (Manual to Digital) West Bengal
- Caste Certificate Digitization Status Check Online West Bengal
- West Bengal Samasya Samadhan (Jan Sanjog) Scheme 2024
- Swasthya Sathi Card Balance Check Online Process 2024
- Disability Certificate Status Check Online Process West Bengal 2024
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.