The Krishak Bandhu scheme, also known as Krishok Bondhu Prakalpa, is a financial assistance scheme provided to farmers by the West Bengal government.
This is done to support the farmers financially during the pre-production stage. Farmers can easily buy grains and fertilizers using the amount received under this scheme for their farming.
The scheme also covers death benefits by providing income protection to the family of the farmer in case of his/her untimely demise.
The Krishak Bandhu scheme was started in 2019 by the West Bengal government. It was recently upgraded to Krishak Bandhu (NEW) and the amount received by the farmers was doubled in 2021.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about the Krishak Bandhu (NEW) scheme,
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
About the Krishak Bandhu scheme
|Name of the scheme||Krishak Bandhu Prakalpa|
|Launched by||West Bengal Government|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of West Bengal|
|Objective||Financial assistance to farmers|
Eligibility for Krishak Bandhu scheme
The eligibility to apply for the Krishak Bandhu scheme are,
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- Applicant must have farmland in West Bengal or can be a Bhagchasi (sharecropper).
Benefits of Krishak Bandhu scheme
Under the Krishak Bandhu scheme the benefits that the farmers of West Bengal will receive include,
- Financial assistance twice a year to the farmers of West Bengal.
- Death Benefits up to 2 lakhs.
- Crop insurance is covered by the government of West Bengal.
- “Krishak Bandhu” digital Smart Card provided to farmers.
Krishak Bandhu scheme amount
The farmers of West Bengal get yearly financial assistance from the West Bengal government.
The amount that a farmer received based on the land area is,
|Less than 1 acre of farmland||Rs. 4000 per year|
|1 acre or more of farmland||Rs. 10000 per year|
This amount will be provided in two installments of Rs. 5000 each with a minimum of Rs. 2,000 on a Pro-rata basis. The first installment is paid in June and the second installment is in November.
Apart from this, if a farmer registered under the Krishak Bandhu scheme dies before the age of 60, the family of the farmer can claim a death benefit of up to Rs. 2 lakhs.
Once you have applied under the Krishak Bandhu scheme, you can easily check your application status or payment status online.
Click to know the steps to check Krishak Bandhu status online in West Bengal.
Who are eligible for the Krishak Bandhu scheme?
Any farmer of West Bengal with farmland who has a ROR in his name or a recorded Bhagchasi (sharecropper).
What is the financial assistance amount received under the Krishak Bandhu scheme?
The farmers of West Bengal receive up to Rs.10000 per year with a minimum of Rs. 4000 depending on the area of farmland owned.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Digital Ration Card West Bengal (Khadya Sathi Scheme) 2023
- How To Get Municipality Holding Number In West Bengal Online
- Khajna (Land Revenue) Online Payment Process West Bengal 2023
- How To Find West Bengal Khajna Application Number Online 2023
- West Bengal Land Revenue (Khajna) Application Process Online
- Non-Subsidised Ration Card West Bengal (FORM 10) Online Apply
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.