Paschim Bardhaman: The Indian Railways on 11th November, Wednesday, resumed local train services in Howrah, Sealdah, and Kharagpur Divisions after about 7 months.
A total of 696 trains started operating in these 3 divisions. The Eastern Railway decided to operate 413 trains in the Sealdah division and 202 in the Howrah division.
Also, 81 trains started running in the Kharagpur division of the S.E. Railways according to sources.
But, no trains were allowed to run in the Asansol division, which resulted in huge outrage among daily passengers and workers in the Asansol-Durgapur region.
Now, according to sources, the Eastern Railways are planning to start local train services in the Asansol division as well. They are just awaiting approval from the Railway board.
Around 70 trains used to run up and down in the Asansol division every day before lockdown. If the Railway board gives the approval, about 30 trains will run in this division as of now.
Meetings have already been done by the DRM of Asansol division with various workers unions, RPF, and managers of the Railway stations in this division as per sources, and the timings to run the trains have already been decided.
If everything goes right, then local trains in the Asansol division may start from the end of November.
Read Another Article About Durgapur
- Durgapur Utsav 2023 – Date, Timings, Venue, Programs
- Durgapur ISKCON Temple – Timings, Location, Occasions
- Durgapur To Siliguri – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train
- Durgapur To Berhampore – How to Reach By Car, Bus
- Durgapur To Berhampore SBSTC Bus Time Table (Via Suri, Bolpur)
- Durgapur To Bardhaman – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train