Paschim Bardhaman: The Indian Railways on 11th November, Wednesday, resumed local train services in Howrah, Sealdah, and Kharagpur Divisions after about 7 months.
A total of 696 trains started operating in these 3 divisions. The Eastern Railway decided to operate 413 trains in the Sealdah division and 202 in the Howrah division.
Also, 81 trains started running in the Kharagpur division of the S.E. Railways according to sources.
But, no trains were allowed to run in the Asansol division, which resulted in huge outrage among daily passengers and workers in the Asansol-Durgapur region.
Now, according to sources, the Eastern Railways are planning to start local train services in the Asansol division as well. They are just awaiting approval from the Railway board.
Around 70 trains used to run up and down in the Asansol division every day before lockdown. If the Railway board gives the approval, about 30 trains will run in this division as of now.
Meetings have already been done by the DRM of Asansol division with various workers unions, RPF, and managers of the Railway stations in this division as per sources, and the timings to run the trains have already been decided.
If everything goes right, then local trains in the Asansol division may start from the end of November.
Get Latest News and Updates about Durgapur on WhatsApp
[Like our Facebook Page to get Regular Updates about Durgapur]
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- How To Apply for Duplicate Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- How To Change Address In Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- Driving Licence Renewal Online Process 2023 (All States)
- mParivahan App Registration and Login Process Online 2023
- Aadhaar Bank Link Status Check (All Banks) Online Process 2023
- Durgapur To Kolkata – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train