Durgapur: A few days back, the owner of a jewellery shop in Benachity tested positive in Durgapur.
According to some media reports, after that, yesterday on 20th July, the manager of a Bank in Bhiringi, Benachity area of Durgapur tested positive.
Police had sealed off the branch.
Also, swab sample of 23 staffs of bank has been collected, and sent for testing.
They have been instructed to be in home quarantine for the upcoming 14 days.
Reports also claim that the manager of the bank is resident of Asansol.
He attended work at the branch till Saturday.
[Also read: Mini Bus services has been stopped in Durgapur]
Yesterday evening, the Department of Health, informed the Durgapur police about his test results.
The police immediately sealed the branch, and 24 individuals including branch manager and staffs have been sent to quarantine.
The customers of the bank who came in contact are being traced.
It is suspected that, the customers who have been in contact with bank staffs and manager might spread it further.
Yesterday, the whole branch and shops beside the branch have been sanitized by Durgapur Municipal Corporation.
Also, two new containment zones have been announced in the City Center area of Durgapur.
Cover Pic: For Representative purpose.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021
- Birth Certificate Download and Status Check West Bengal 2021
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Online Apply 2021 (New process)