But on 6th November morning, it was found that the water level has not risen enough to fill the feeder canal.
Unless and until enough water get stored in the Durgapur Barrage, the feeder canal will not receive enough water to be extracted for purification and supply to the residents of Durgapur.
Though previously the administration has stated that drinking water will be made available by Friday evening, according to news sources, there might be a delay in the water supply.
Also Read: Kali Puja Guidelines by Calcutta High Court
According to the last update received at 10 AM, the Durgapur Barrage is almost half-filled and it might take till evening for it to be fully filled, after that the feeder canal will get filled up.
Then, water will be extracted from the feeder canal and will be supplied to the residents of Durgapur after purification.
The entire process might take till Friday late evening, so that water may get supplied on Friday late at night or Saturday morning.
According to sources, the administration is trying its best to make the supply of drinkable water as soon as possible.
Speculations are made that this delay in filling up of Durgapur Barrage might be due to the limited amount of water released from Maithon Dam.
[Disclaimer: The news and information we provide are in the public interest. We collect information from various sources and crosscheck them to verify they are 100% authentic. But still if you think any news or information we provide is inaccurate, please leave us a mail at [email protected]]
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021
- Birth Certificate Download and Status Check West Bengal 2021
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Online Apply 2021 (New process)