A Marriage Certificate is an important document once you get married. It is recommended to register your marriage within a few days of getting married.
The Register General of Marriages, Government of West Bengal has made it easier to apply for a marriage certificate through the official website at rgmwb.gov.in
In this article, you will get to know the following details about marriage certificate registration in West Bengal.
Let’s see each of these points in detail…
Documents Required to apply online for marriage certificate
The documents you need to apply online for a marriage certificate in West Bengal are,
- 1 Passport size photo of Groom/Husband and Bride/Wife each.
- ID proof with date of birth of Groom/Husband and Bride/Wife each.
- Present address proof of Groom/Husband and Bride/Wife each.
- Permanent address proof of Groom/Husband and Bride/Wife each.
- Left Thumb Impression (LTI) of Groom/Husband and Bride/Wife each.
- Marriage Invitation card (optional).
Steps to apply online for marriage certificate in West Bengal
To register your marriage in West Bengal online,
Step 1: Go to the official website
- First, go to the official website of the West Bengal registrar general of marriages at rgmwb.gov.in.
- Next click on “Register your marriage”.
- A new page will open in front of you.
- Click on “Click here to apply”.
Step 2: Fill out the application form
- The marriage registration form will appear in front of you.
- Select the relevant act of marriage.
- Enter the details of the bride and groom and upload required documents in the specified fields.
- Enter details of social marriage and upload Marriage Invitation card (if present).
- Enter details of children (if present).
- Enter details of the marriage officer.
- Enter details of registration.
Step 3: Submit application form
- After all the details are properly filled in the form, enter the captcha code.
- Check all the checkboxes.
- Click on submit.
You can take a printout of the application form before submission.
Your marriage officer will contact you for further processing and other details. In case he/she doesn’t contact you, you can contact your nearest marriage registration office regarding your application.
By following these steps, you can easily apply for a Marriage Registration online and get a certificate through the official website of the Register General of Marriages, Government of West Bengal at rgmwb.gov.in.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- How To Check Status Of Swasthya Sathi Online Application 2022
- Swasthya Sathi Card Online Application Process West Bengal 2022
- Online OPD Ticket Booking West Bengal – SSKM, PG, NRS
- Durgapur Municipal Corporation (DMC) Water Tax Online Payment
- Amar Fasal Amar Gola Scheme West Bengal for farmers 2022
- Online Deed Number Search West Bengal 2022 (All Methods)
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.