PM Narendra Modi on the 24th of March on his address to the nation stated that the entire country will be under lockdown for 21 days from 12 AM tonight.
He said this is the only way to stop the outbreak of the Coronavirus pandemic in India.
This is the second time he addressed the nation regarding the coronavirus outbreak.
“If we don’t handle these 21 days well, then our country, your family will go backward by 21 years,” Modi said in his address to the nation.
“To stop coronavirus, stay at a distance from each other and stay inside your houses,” he added.
Urging the State governments to make Healthcare the Top Priority during this time, he announced Rs.15000 crore fund to test for COVID-19, isolation beds, ventilators, and other essential facilities needed to battle this virus.
All National flights will be stopped from today at midnight. International flights have already been stopped.
The number of Coronavirus cases in India had crossed 500 and have taken the life of 11 people in India so far.
This decision came after West Bengal CM extended the Lockout in the state to 31st March.
The violation of lockdown will be treated as a criminal offense.
On Monday and Tuesday, more than 500 were arrested in Kolkata due to the violation of the lockdown.
Roads connecting to other states have also been blocked to prevent the entry of any person from the neighboring states.
Only vehicles carrying essential items like food are allowed to enter.
We are requesting all our readers to Stay Home, Stay Safe.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Flights from Durgapur to Jaipur and Patna to start from May 2023
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially
- Durgapur Durga Puja Carnival 2023 – Date, Time, Venue
- New Internet Exchange Point inaugurated in Durgapur
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 7 days
- Durgapur to Guwahati flight services to start by the end of March 2022
- SBSTC starts Durgapur Airport to Durgapur Station bus service
- West Bengal Primary & Upper Primary schools to reopen this week
- Change in timings of all markets in Durgapur with new restrictions