Durgapur: A few days back, when lockgate 31 of Durgapur Barrage cracked, the entire city of Durgapur and nearby areas suffered from a huge water crisis for several days.
Power generation of DPL and Mejhia Power plant was also affected by this. Finally after about 150 hours of effort, the gate was repaired and the water supply was restored.
After that a floating gate was placed on behind lockgate 31 of Durgapur Barrage.
During that time, the irrigation department has assured that they will replace/repair all the 34 gates of Durgapur Barrage in steps to prevent any similar incidents in the future.
In relation to that, the replacement work of Durgapur Barrage lock gate 31 started on Wednesday, 11th November.
According to sources, the authorities have, however, assured that the residents of Durgapur will not face any problems related to water supply due to the ongoing replacement work of the lock gate.
The authorities have also stated that this replacement work will take about 3-4 days.
The traffic on Durgapur Barrage may be regulated for a brief amount of time duing this period.
Read Another Article About Durgapur
- Durgapur Utsav 2023 – Date, Timings, Venue, Programs
- Durgapur ISKCON Temple – Timings, Location, Occasions
- Durgapur To Siliguri – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train
- Durgapur To Berhampore – How to Reach By Car, Bus
- Durgapur To Berhampore SBSTC Bus Time Table (Via Suri, Bolpur)
- Durgapur To Bardhaman – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train