Durgapur: A few days back, when lockgate 31 of Durgapur Barrage cracked, the entire city of Durgapur and nearby areas suffered from a huge water crisis for several days.
Power generation of DPL and Mejhia Power plant was also affected by this. Finally after about 150 hours of effort, the gate was repaired and the water supply was restored.
After that a floating gate was placed on behind lockgate 31 of Durgapur Barrage.
During that time, the irrigation department has assured that they will replace/repair all the 34 gates of Durgapur Barrage in steps to prevent any similar incidents in the future.
In relation to that, the replacement work of Durgapur Barrage lock gate 31 started on Wednesday, 11th November.
According to sources, the authorities have, however, assured that the residents of Durgapur will not face any problems related to water supply due to the ongoing replacement work of the lock gate.
The authorities have also stated that this replacement work will take about 3-4 days.
The traffic on Durgapur Barrage may be regulated for a brief amount of time duing this period.
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check 2021 – banglashasyabima.net
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021