After having a meeting for a few hours, the Viswa Bharati University officials said in a press metting that the Santiniketan Basanta Utsav 2020 will be cancelled this year because of the threat of Corona Virus.
The MHRD and Union Ministry of Health and Family welfare sent various letters to Viswa Bharati regarding the safety from Corona Virus in Basanta Utsav. This is the reason the meeting was called regarding the matter.
The committee, after having the meeting for a few hours, decided that the Santiniketan Basanta Utsav 2020 will be cancelled this year.
The decision of whether it will be held at some other time will be decided later.
According to the officials of Viswa Bharati university, the decision was taken as there will be a lot of people at the Basata Utsav and if even one of them is infected by the Virus, it can easily spread.
This is the reason the decision was taken to cancel Santiniketan Basanta Utsav this year.
The preparations from this year’s Basanta Utsav was almost over and this certain decision will result in huge loss for the organizers.
The students of Viswa Bharati University are quite upset regarding the decision. But for the prevention of the Corona Virus the decision needs to be accepted.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Power Supply of Durgapur Steel township to remain suspended
- Asansol – Durgapur – Bardhhaman new local train timetable (from OCT 31)
- Local trains may soon start operations in West Bengal
- Administration advised to set up containment zones in Durgapur
- Asansol Division Staff special trains new revised timings
- Durgapur Steel Plant list of shortlisted candidates 2021 out now – Check details
- IRCTC to start JYOTIRLINGA YATRA SPECIAL Bharat Darshan train from Durgapur
- Duare Sarkar Camp List Durgapur 2021 – Location, Timings, Schedule, Download PDF