Durgapur: The COVID cases in Durgapur are constantly on the rise. Many areas all across Durgapur already have a high number of cases, and new areas are getting added to the list every day.
In order to contain the spread, the Durgapur Sub – Division have come up with a new initiative.
Durgapur Municipal Corporation, Health Department, and Durgapur Sub Division will be setting up special pocket zones across various areas in Durgapur to raise awareness about COVID.
These “Pocket zones” will be set after surveying different areas for 15-20 days.
According to few news reports, many areas such as Vidyasagar Pally, Natun Pally of Benachity, Karangapara, some areas of MAMC township, Rana Pratap Road, and some other areas are already selected to be made “pocket zones”.
District health departments as well as block officials will soon visit these areas in order to raise awareness about the increase in the number of COVID cases in those areas and the importance of wearing masks.
A new tablo car is also inaugurated by SDM, Anirban Koley on Thursday. This tablo will go around the city and will supply masks and sanitizers to all passersby who will not be wearing masks.
On 2nd September, due to the increase in the cases, the Gopalmath area of Durgapur went under complete lockdown for three days. One area was declared as a containment zone as well.
[Disclaimer: The news and information we provide are in the public interest. We collect information from various sources and crosscheck them to verify they are 100% authentic. But still if you think any news or information we provide is inaccurate, please leave us a mail at [email protected]]
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially
- Durgapur Durga Puja Carnival 2022 – Date, Time, Venue
- New Internet Exchange Point inaugurated in Durgapur
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 7 days
- Durgapur to Guwahati flight services to start by the end of March 2022
- SBSTC starts Durgapur Airport to Durgapur Station bus service
- West Bengal Primary & Upper Primary schools to reopen this week
- Some services at DSP Hospital will not be available for 15 days
- Change in timings of all markets in Durgapur with new restrictions