Sometimes there are certain details that we need to correct on our voter ID (EPIC) card such as age, address, name, etc.
It happens at times that there are spelling mistakes in our name or there is an incorrect address printed on the voter card.
Information on your voter card in India can be easily corrected online from the NVSP portal. You need to fill out form 8 to correct your voter ID card.
It is always advisable to have the correct spelling of your name and other details in any government document.
The Election commission of India has made it easier for voter card correction online from its website.
In this article you will get to know about the following points on how you can correct details on your voter card online in West Bengal:
Now let’s see each of these points in detail…
Documents Required to correct Voter ID (EPIC) card online
The documents that you will need to correct details in your voter ID card is,
- Scanned copy of supporting documents of the correct detail.
You must have an account in the NVSP new Voter portal in order to correct any details in your voter ID (EPIC) card.
Steps to apply for Voter ID card correction online in West Bengal
To apply for correction of any details in your Voter ID (EPIC) Card in West Bengal,
Step 1: Go to the NVSP portal
- First, go to the Official portal of NVSP.
- Click on the “Voter Portal” option.
- Enter Username and Password. (If you are opening for the first time, you need to register first)
- Enter “Captcha” and click on “Log In”.
Step 2: Open Voter Card Form 8
- The homepage of the NVSP new Voter Portal will open up.
- Click on “Correction in Voter ID”.
- Now click on “Yes, I have a voter ID number”.
- Enter your voter card number and click on “Fetch details”
- Click on Proceed.
- A new page will open up.
Step 3: Make corrections in Voter ID card details
- A new page will open.
- You will be given a few options.
- Click on which options you want to change from the given options.
- Click on “Save and Continue”.
- Make the required changes.
- Upload the supporting documents for each change made by you.
- Enter the document numbers.
- Click on “Save and Continue.”
One thing that you should keep in mind is that you cannot change your name and address at the same time.
Also, you cannot make more than three changes in one application.
Step 4: Submit Form 8
- Enter your name and date.
- Enter the place from where you are applying from.
- Now click on “Save and Continue”.
- Filled up form 8 will appear in front of you.
- Verify the details. If you want to make any changes, click on “Edit form”.
- If everything is ok, click on “Submit”
Your application for correction on your voter ID card will be submitted and a Reference ID will be generated. Save it for future use.
By following these steps you can easily correct any details in your voter ID EPIC card online.
You can also follow the steps to correct the details in your voter card in other states of India.
The election commission of India gives you an option to track your application status online through its portal.
How to correct voter card details in West Bengal?
You can correct your voter card details online by submitting form 8 online through the NVSP portal.
Which form is filed for correction in voter card?
You need to file FORM 8 for the correction of your voter card.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check Online in West Bengal 2021
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Online Apply 2021 (New process)
- Swasthya Sathi Hospital List – How to check (Any district)
- Duare Ration, Duare Sarkar phase 3 to start from November 16
- Krishak Bandhu status check online in West Bengal 2021
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only and may contain human errors. Images used are for representative purposes only.