The Election Commission of India (ECI) has started the process of linking Voter ID with Aadhaar for the purpose of authentication of the electoral roll.
This process is however voluntary and no entry in the electoral roll shall be deleted on the ground of non-submission of Aadhaar.
You can easily submit your Aadhar details online on the NVSP portal.
In this article, you will get to know the following details about Aadhar and the voter link process online,
Let’s see each of these processes in detail…
Details required to link Voter ID with Aadhaar online
The information that you will need to link your voter ID card with your Aadhar card includes,
- Aadhar card number
- Voter ID number
You must have an account in the NVSP new Voter portal in order to link your voter ID (EPIC) card and Aadhaar card.
Steps to link Voter ID with Aadhar card online through NVSP Portal
To link your Voter ID (EPIC) Card with your Aadhar card,
Step 1: Go to the NVSP portal
- First, go to the Official portal of NVSP.
- Click on the “Login/Register” option.
- Enter Username and Password. (If you are opening for the first time, you need to register first)
- Enter ‘Captcha’ and click on ‘Log In’.
- A new page will open.
Step 2: Open NVSP Form 6B
- On the new page, click on “Information of Aadhaar Number by Existing Electors”.
- Now click on “From 6B”.
- Form 6B will open up in front of you.
Step 3: Fill up NVSP Form 6B
- Once the form opens, enter your mobile number and email (optional).
- Now select the ‘I have Aadhaar Card’ option.
- Enter the ‘Place’ based on your location.
- Now enter the captcha code and click on ‘Preview’.
Step 4: Submit NVSP Form 6B
- The details filled by you will appear in front of you.
- Verify the details entered.
- If you want to change anything, click on ‘Back’ and change the information provided.
- If everything is correct, click on ‘Submit’.
Your form 6B for the purpose of linking Voter ID with Aadhaar will be successfully submitted. A reference number will be generated. You can save it for future use.
The election commission of India gives you an option to track your application status online through its portal.
FAQs about Voter Card and Aadhaar Card Link online
Which form do we need to fill out for the Voter Aadhar link?
You need to fill out NVSP form 6B to link your Voter ID with Aadhaar.
Is the submission of Aadhaar in Form-6B voluntary?
Yes. The Election Commission has stated that the submission of Aadhaar details in Form-6B is voluntary.
Find more Central Govt Scheme
- SAIL Mediclaim E-Card (PDF) Download Online Process 2023
- How To Download Road Tax/Registration Fee Payment Receipt 2023
- e-Shram Card Download Online Process (In 3 Steps) 2023
- Ayushman Card PDF Download Online Process 2023 (Via BIS & App)
- How To Cancel Driving Licence (DL) Application Online 2023
- How To Retrieve Or Find Aadhar Virtual ID (VID) Online 2023
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.