In order to prevent the spread of the COVID-19, the West Bengal government on Sunday decided that there will be complete lockdown in all municipal cities across the state except for emergency and essential services from 23rd March evening.
According to the 3-page Official Notification released by the government on Sunday, the lockdown will be from 23rd March 5 PM to 27th March 23:59 PM.
23 districts of the state will be under this “Safety Restriction”.
This will include, Cooch Bihar, Alipurduar, Jalpaiguri, Kalimpong, Darjeeling, Karsiang, Siliguri, Uttar Dinajpur, Dakshin Dinajpur, Malda, Nadia, Jhargram, Purba Medinipur, Paschim Barddhaman, Purba Barddhaman, Birbhum, Purulia, Bankura, Hoogly, South 24 Parganas, North 24 Parganas & Kolkata.
The decision was taken after the meeting on Sunday afternoon.
All shops, commercial establishments, offices and factories, workshops, godowns, etc will remain closed.
Only essential services that are mentioned in the Notification below will remain operational.
Autos and Buses are ordered not to ply on the roads. Only vehicles carrying essential items like food will be allowed on the road.
The West Bengal government has already ordered the shutting down of all restaurants, pubs, bars, massage parlors, amusement parks, zoos, and Museums till 31st March.
This is done to prevent all non-essential social gatherings.
All passenger trains and Inter-state buses will also remain canceled till 31st March.
So far 4 confirmed cases of coronavirus were found in the state.
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in India has crossed 315 with 7 casualties so far.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially
- Durgapur Durga Puja Carnival 2022 – Date, Time, Venue
- New Internet Exchange Point inaugurated in Durgapur
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 7 days
- Durgapur to Guwahati flight services to start by the end of March 2022
- SBSTC starts Durgapur Airport to Durgapur Station bus service
- West Bengal Primary & Upper Primary schools to reopen this week
- Some services at DSP Hospital will not be available for 15 days
- Change in timings of all markets in Durgapur with new restrictions