The West Bengal government provides a monthly pension to the senior citizens of West Bengal.
This pension scheme is known as the “Bardhoka Bhata” or the old-age social welfare pension scheme.
This pension scheme is applicable to all senior citizens irrespective of their caste.
The Old age pension scheme is a part of the Social Welfare Pension by the Department of Women. child Development and Social Welfare of the West Bengal Government.
Apart from this, the Department of Women, Child Development, and Social Welfare also provide two more pension schemes, namely the “Protibondi Bhata” for citizens with disabilities and “Bidhoba Bhata” for widows.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about the West Bengal “Bardhoka Bhata” or old-age pension scheme 2021:
Let’s see each of these points in detail…
About – Bardhoka Bhata/Old Age Pension West Bengal 2021
|Name of Scheme||Old Age Pension Scheme (Bardhoka Bhata)|
|Launched by||Government of West Bengal|
|Beneficiaries||Senior Citizens of West Bengal|
The West Bengal government provides monetary support to the senior citizens of the state.
This is provided through a monthly pension as a part of the social welfare pension scheme. This scheme was introduced back in 2010.
Many senior citizens are benefited from this scheme by the West Bengal government.
Eligibility – Bardhoka Bhata/Old Age Pension West Bengal 2021
Any person who wants to receive the pension under the scheme has to fulfill certain criteria in order to apply for this scheme:
- He/she must be above the age of 60. (55 in case of physically and mentally handicapped person)
- The person should have no relation who can maintain him or her.
- The income of that person should not exceed Rs.1,000 per month.
- The person should be a resident of West Bengal for more than 10 years.
- The person should not be benefited from any other government schemes.
How to apply – Bardhoka Bhata/Old Age Pension West Bengal 2021
To apply for the scheme, you need to fill the Application form (FORM – P) and submit it along with the supporting documents.
The form should be addressed to:
- The District Magistrate of the concerned District and shall be submitted to the Block Development Officer or the Executive Officer of the Panchayat Samity in case of the applicant residing in the rural areas under a Panchayat Samity.
- The District Magistrate of the concerned District and Shall be submitted to the Sub-Divisional Officer in case of the applicant residing in Municipal / Notified areas outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
- The Controller of Vagrancy, West Bengal and shall be submitted to the Controller Vagrancy West Bengal in case of the applicant residing within the areas under Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
Application Form – WB Bardhoka Bhata/Old Age Pension Application Process
The form can be obtained from the address given below.
- Office of the Block Development Officer or the Executive Officer of the concerned Panchayat Samity in case of the applicant resides in the rural areas under the said Panchayat Samity.
- Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer in case of the applicant resides in Municipal / Notified areas outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
- Office of the Controller of Vagrancy, West Bengal situated at Purta Bhawan, Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata-700091, in case of the applicant resides within the areas under Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
You can download the application form by clicking the button given below.
Documents Required – WB Bardhoka Bhata/Old Age Pension Application Process
The Documents that need to be attached along with the application form while applying for the Old Age Social Welfare Pension Scheme are:
- Copy of Aadhar Card (self attested)
- Copy of Voter ID card
- Copy of Ration Card
- Copy of Income Certificate
- Copy of Bank Passbook
- Nomination Form
Benefits – Bardhoka Bhata/Old Age Pension West Bengal 2021
The beneficiaries will receive a monthly pension of Rs. 1000 as monetary support from the Department of Women, Child Development, and Social Welfare of the West Bengal Government.
Is the Old Age Pension monthly or yearly?
The Beneficieries receives a monthly pension of Rs.1000 for the Government of West Bengal.
What is “Bardhoka Bhata”?
“Bardhoka Bhata” is a monthly pension scheme for the senior citizens of West Bengal by the state government.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check 2021 – banglashasyabima.net
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Online Apply 2021 (New process)
- Swasthya Sathi Hospital List – How to check (Any district)
- Duare Ration, Duare Sarkar phase 3 to start from November 16
- Krishak Bandhu status check online in West Bengal 2021
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only and may contain human errors. Images used are for representative purposes only.