In case you become non-eligible for a particular ration card category, it is recommended to cancel or surrender your digital ration card.
Also, in case someone in your family passes away, it is also advised to cancel his or her digital ration card.
The West Bengal government had made it easier to cancel your ration card online in a few easy steps.
In this article, you will get to know about the steps to surrender your West Bengal digital ration card online.
Steps to cancel/surrender West Bengal digital ration card online
The steps to surrender/cancel your West Bengal digital ration card online are,
Step 1: Go to the Official Ration Card website
To surrender your West Bengal digital ration card,
- First, go to the official website of the West Bengal food and supplies department.
- Now select the ration card option from the left side of the screen.
- Next click on the “Apply Online” option and select “Surrender/Cancel existing ration card (From 7)“.
- A new page will open.
In case you are applying from mobile, first, click on “Services and Citizens corner” and then click on “digital ration card related services”.
Now click on “Surrender / Cancel Existing Ration Card“. A new page will open up.
To use the digital ration card facility of the West Bengal government, first, you need to link your Aadhaar and mobile number with your ration card.
You can read the article below to know about the steps to link your Aadhaar Card with your ration card.
Step 2: Log in to the WB Digital Ration card portal
- Enter your mobile number linked with your ration card.
- Click on “Get OTP”. You will receive an OTP on your registered number.
- Enter the OTP in the specified field and click on “Proceed”.
- The home screen of the West Bengal online ration card portal will open in front of you.
Step 3: Fill up FORM-7
- Scroll down to the forms section and click “Apply Now” below “Apply for FORM-7”.
- A new page showing all the names of your family members linked with your number will open in front of you.
- Select the checkbox beside the name of the person whose card you want to surrender or cancel.
- In case you want to cancel or surrender the cards of your entire family click on “select all”.
- If you want to cancel because someone passed away click on the deceased checkbox beside the name of the person.
- Now go to the buttom of the list and then click on “Proceed”.
Step 4: Submit FORM-7
- After a new page opens, click on the “I Certify” checkbox and then click on “Get OTP”.
- Now enter the OTP that you have received in the specified field and click on “Submit OTP”.
- Once you do that you will get a success notice showing that your form is successfully submitted.
Now you can log in to the West Bengal digital ration card portal any time and check the status of your application.
There is also an option to check the status of your ration card application form without logging in.
You can read the article below to know more about it.
By following these steps you can easily get your digital ration card canceled online through the West Bengal food and supplies department’s official website (food.wb.gov.in or wbpds.gov.in).
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check Online in West Bengal 2021
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Online Apply 2021 (New process)
- Swasthya Sathi Hospital List – How to check (Any district)
- Duare Ration, Duare Sarkar phase 3 to start from November 16
- Krishak Bandhu status check online in West Bengal 2021
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only and may contain human errors. Images used are for representative purposes only.