Kolkata: West Bengal government has decided to increase the lockdown in the state till mid September.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, on Wednesday, announced new dates for the complete lockdown for the month of September.
She also announced that the lockdown in the state will extend till 20th September as of now.
The new dates for the complete lockdown for the month of September will be observed on:
- 7th September, Monday
- 11th September, Friday
- 12th September, Saturday
[Also Read: 10 highest paying Part Time jobs for college students]
For the month of August, the remaining lockdown dates are:
- 27th August, Thursday
- 31st August, Monday
Mamata Banerjee also announced that though flight operation from certain states might start from September, schools, colleges, and other educational institutions will remain closed as of now. No specific date for the reopening of the educational institutions was announced.
More than 1.47 lakh cases are reported in the state so far and more than 3000 cases are reported in Paschim Bardhaman as of 25th August.
The total number of confirmed cases in Paschim Bardhaman is 3271 out of which 2320 people have recovered and were discharged according to the West Bengal health department bulletin.
Get Latest News and Updates about Durgapur on WhatsApp
[Like our Facebook Page to get Regular Updates about Durgapur]
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Flights from Durgapur to Jaipur and Patna to start from May 2023
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially
- Durgapur Durga Puja Carnival 2022 – Date, Time, Venue
- New Internet Exchange Point inaugurated in Durgapur
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 7 days
- Durgapur to Guwahati flight services to start by the end of March 2022
- SBSTC starts Durgapur Airport to Durgapur Station bus service
- West Bengal Primary & Upper Primary schools to reopen this week
- Some services at DSP Hospital will not be available for 15 days