Kolkata: West Bengal government has decided to increase the lockdown in the state till mid September.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, on Wednesday, announced new dates for the complete lockdown for the month of September.
She also announced that the lockdown in the state will extend till 20th September as of now.
The new dates for the complete lockdown for the month of September will be observed on:
- 7th September, Monday
- 11th September, Friday
- 12th September, Saturday
For the month of August, the remaining lockdown dates are:
- 27th August, Thursday
- 31st August, Monday
Mamata Banerjee also announced that though flight operation from certain states might start from September, schools, colleges, and other educational institutions will remain closed as of now. No specific date for the reopening of the educational institutions was announced.
More than 1.47 lakh cases are reported in the state so far and more than 3000 cases are reported in Paschim Bardhaman as of 25th August.
The total number of confirmed cases in Paschim Bardhaman is 3271 out of which 2320 people have recovered and were discharged according to the West Bengal health department bulletin.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Power Supply of Durgapur Steel township to remain suspended
- Asansol – Durgapur – Bardhhaman new local train timetable (from OCT 31)
- Local trains may soon start operations in West Bengal
- Administration advised to set up containment zones in Durgapur
- Asansol Division Staff special trains new revised timings
- Durgapur Steel Plant list of shortlisted candidates 2021 out now – Check details
- IRCTC to start JYOTIRLINGA YATRA SPECIAL Bharat Darshan train from Durgapur
- Duare Sarkar Camp List Durgapur 2021 – Location, Timings, Schedule, Download PDF