Kolkata: Due to the continued rise in the number of cases in the state, the West Bengal government has decided to extend the partial lockdown in the state till 30th May.
Previously, the lockdown was applicable till 15th May.
Apart from the restrictions and guidelines that were already in effect, the West Bengal government added some more restrictions in order to control the spread.
From 16th May, all private offices will remain closed except for emergency services. Bus, trains and metro services will remain closed as well.
The timings for markets are changed yet again. Bazars, markets selling fruits, vegetables, groceries, etc. to remain open only from 7 AM – 10 AM.
Below mentioned are the complete list of restrictions and guidelines in West Bengal till 30th May:
- All schools, colleges, and Anganwadi centers to remain shut.
- Shopping complexes, malls, restaurants, salons, gyms, swimming pools will remain closed.
- All government, private offices, and establishments shall remain closed.
- Essential emergency services will be allowed to function.
- Metro services closed, local trains and buses will remain closed except for emergency essential service personnel.
- Medical shops and optical shops will remain open.
- Retail shops to remain open only from 7 AM – 10 AM.
- Sweets and meat shops are allowed to remain open from 10 AM – 5 PM.
- Parks and zoos will remain closed.
- All political, entertainment, cultural, and religious gatherings are prohibited.
- All industries and manufacturing units will remain closed except for food, and medical supplies.
Apart from the guidelines mentioned above, people will also be restricted from going out between 9PM – 5AM except in the case of emergency.
Do comment how you feel about this decision by the West Bengal government.
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- Verify PM Kisan and Aadhar number link status online 2021
- PM Kisan e-KYC 2021 | Link Aadhaar with PM Kisan Online
- West Bengal Voter List 2022 PDF Download Online (with details)
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check Online in West Bengal 2021
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022