Kolkata: Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee recently announced in a press conference that, all the cinema halls, multiplexes and theatres will be operated from the very next month.
The restrictions have been eased ahead of Durga Puja festival.
The multiplex and single screen owners have carried on social media campaign for several months to protest and also to request Chief Minister to withdraw all the restrictions to reopen cinema halls.
For the last few months, the cinema hall owners as well as film industry have incurred a loss of more than crores.
[Also Read: Shop Safe with Fashion Junction. See Offers]
Several meetings were held with Government and the owners of cinema halls and multiplexes were assured about reopening of multiplexes and cinema halls.
Finally, from the very next month, on October 1st the multiplexes, cinema halls as well as theatres will be reopened with some restrictions to fight against COVID-19.
Theatres, cinema, musical, dance shows will be allowed to function with 50 participants or less than that.
Personal protective measures, like wearing mask will be mandatory to enter.
Cinema Halls in Durgapur may also open from this date. But there is still no confirmation from their end.
Many people are dependent on this particular sector for their wages.
Reopening of this sector will be really helpful for them as well as for the whole industry.
Note: Cover Image is for representative purpose only.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- How To Retrieve Or Find Aadhar Virtual ID (VID) Online 2023
- How To Generate Aadhar Card Virtual ID (VID) Online 2023
- How To Register On Vahan NR e-Services Portal Online 2023
- Driving Licence Test Slot Booking Online Process 2023
- How To Lock And Unlock Your Aadhaar Biometrics Online 2023
- How to Search Voter ID By Name Online In India (Any State) 2023
- Cancel Aadhaar Update Request Online Process 2023
- How To Change Date of Birth (DOB) In Driving Licence Online 2023
- How To Transfer Voter Card (Change Address) After Marriage 2023