The West Bengal government recently launched the Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme, also known as the Lakhir Bhandar Prokolpo.
Under the scheme, the West Bengal government will provide financial assistance to the female head of the family with a low monthly income.
General category families will receive the assistance of Rs.500 per month and the SC/ST category families will receive Rs.1000 per month.
In this article, you will get to know the following details about the Lakhir Bhandar Scheme of the West Bengal government,
Now let’s have a look at each of these points in detail…
About Lakhir Bhandar scheme West Bengal
|Name of the Scheme||Lakshmi Bhandar Prokolpo|
|Launched By||Government of West Bengal|
|Beneficiary||Female head of a family/ West Bengal Citizens|
|Budget||Rs. 12900 crore|
|Number of Beneficiaries||1.6 crores|
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
|Year of Launch||2021|
|Application Form (PDF)||Download Here|
Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme also known as the Lakhir Bhandar Prokolpo is a financial assistance scheme or monthly income scheme for the female head of a family in West Bengal.
The West Bengal government will provide Rs. 500 per month for general category families and Rs. 1000 per month for SC/ST category families who have a low monthly income under this scheme.
The scheme will be launched keeping in mind the state monthly average consumption expenditure in a household is Rs.5249.
Lakhir Bhandar scheme eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for the West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme are,
- Applicant must be a citizen of West Bengal.
- Age of the applicant must be between 25-60.
- Applicant must not have a permanent job.
- Casual workers are allowed to apply under the scheme.
- All families of to SC/ST category can apply under the scheme.
- General category families with at least one tax-paying member cannot apply under the scheme.
- General category families with more than 2 hectares of land cannot apply under the scheme.
- Only women head of the family is eligible under this scheme.
Documents required to apply for Lakhir Bhandar scheme
You need the following documents to apply for the Lakshmi/Lakhir Bhandar Scheme.
- Aadhar Card
- Swasthyasathi Card
- Caste certificate (If Applicable)
- Ration card
- Residential proof
- Age proof
- Bank details (Only Single accounts will be allowed)
- Passport size photo
- Mobile number
Lakhir Bhandar scheme benefits and features
Some of the features and benefits of the West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme are,
- Financial support of Rs. 500 per month for the general category and Rs.1000 per month for the SC/ST category.
- Only the female head of the family will receive the benefits
- The budget allocated under the scheme is Rs.12900 crores.
- The scheme is expected to boost the rural and urban economies of the state.
Lakshmi Bhandar scheme application Form (PDF) download
The application form for the West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme is now available for download.
You can download the PDF format of the application form by clicking on the button below.
This form will also be available at the Duare Sarkar Camps that are going to start on November 01 in West Bengal.
How to apply for Lakhir Bhandar scheme
The West Bengal government will soon re-launch the “Duare Sarkar” prokolpo/scheme. You can submit the application form directly through these “Duare sarkar” camps.
Any online application portal has not been announced as of now.
Once you submit your application through the Duare Sarkar camps, you can easily check the Lakshmi/Lakhir Bhandar status by following the steps given in this article below.
FAQs regarding the Lakshmi (Lakhir) Bhandar scheme
Is Swasthyasathi Card mandatory for enrolling in Lakshmi/Lakhir Bhandar Prokolpo?
In case any applicant does not have a Swasthyasathi Card, she must first enroll herself in the Lakshmi Bhandar scheme. She will then get a Swasthyasathi card and will then receive the benefits of Lakshmi Bhandar Prokolpo.
Are joint bank accounts allowed in Lakshmi/Lakhir Bhandar?
Joint bank accounts are no longer allowed during the application of Lakshmi Bhandar. Only single accounts will be allowed.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Disability Certificate Status Check Online Process West Bengal 2023
- How To Download Disability Certificate (PDF) In West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Correction Online Process 2023
- How To Apply For Disability Certificate Online West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal e-District Portal Registration Process Online 2023
- How to Search Birth Certificate By Name West Bengal Online 2023
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.