The West Bengal government provides a monthly pension to citizens with disabilities in West Bengal.
This pension scheme is known as the “Protibondi Bhata” or the disability (PwD) social welfare pension scheme.
This pension scheme is applicable to all citizens with disabilities irrespective of their caste.
The disability pension scheme is a part of the Social Welfare Pension by the Department of Women, Child Development, and Social Welfare of the West Bengal Government.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about the “Protibondi Bhata” or West Bengal disability pension scheme:
Let’s see each of these points in detail…
About Protibondi Bhata (Disability Pension) West Bengal
|Name of Scheme||Disability Pension Scheme (Protibondi Bhata)|
|Launched by||Government of West Bengal|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens with disabilities in West Bengal|
The West Bengal government provides monetary support to citizens with a disability in the state. This is provided through a monthly pension as a part of the social welfare pension scheme. This scheme was introduced back in 2010 and is provided by the Chief Minister Relief Fund.
Many persons with disabilities (PwD) are benefited from this scheme by the West Bengal government.
Eligibility of Protibondi Bhata (Disability Pension)
Any person who wants to receive the pension under the scheme has to fulfill certain criteria in order to apply for this scheme:
- The person is declared unsuitable for physical work by the respective Medical officer.
- The person’s family income should not exceed Rs.1000 per month.
- The person should be a resident of West Bengal for more than 10 years (Exception of those below 10 years of age).
- The person should not be benefited from any other government schemes.
How to apply for Protibondi Bhata (Disability Pension) West Bengal
To apply for the scheme, you need to fill the Application form (FORM – P) and submit it along with the supporting documents.
The form should be addressed to:
- The District Magistrate of the concerned District and shall be submitted to the Block Development Officer or the Executive Officer of the Panchayat Samity in case of the applicant residing in the rural areas under a Panchayat Samity.
- The District Magistrate of the concerned District and Shall be submitted to the Sub-Divisional Officer in case of the applicant residing in Municipal / Notified areas outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
- The Controller of Vagrancy, West Bengal and shall be submitted to the Controller Vagrancy West Bengal in case of the applicant residing within the areas under Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
Application form of WB Protibondi Bhata
The form can be obtained from the address given below.
- Office of the Block Development Officer or the Executive Officer of the concerned Panchayat Samity in case of the applicant resides in the rural areas under the said Panchayat Samity.
- Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer in case of the applicant resides in Municipal / Notified areas outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
- Office of the Controller of Vagrancy, West Bengal situated at Purta Bhawan, Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata-700091, in case of the applicant resides within the areas under Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
You can download the application form by clicking the button given below.
Documents required for WB Protibondi Bhata application
The Documents that need to be attached along with the application form while applying for the Disability Social Welfare Pension Scheme are:
- Copy of Aadhar Card (self attested)
- Copy of Disability Certificate
- Copy of Voter ID card
- Copy of Ration Card
- Copy of Income Certificate
- Copy of Bank Passbook
- Nomination Form
Benefits of Protibondi Bhata (Disability Pension)
The beneficiaries will receive a monthly pension of Rs.1000 as monetary support from the Department of Women, Child Development, and Social Welfare of the West Bengal Government.
What is the “Protibondi Bhata”?
The “Protibondi Bhata” is a monthly pension scheme by the West Bengal government for citizens with disabilities.
Is the West Bengal Disability Social Welfare Pension monthly or yearly?
The West Bengal Disability Social Welfare Pension is a monthly pension scheme provided by the Government of West Bengal.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Disability Certificate Status Check Online Process West Bengal 2023
- How To Download Disability Certificate (PDF) In West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Correction Online Process 2023
- How To Apply For Disability Certificate Online West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal e-District Portal Registration Process Online 2023
- How to Search Birth Certificate By Name West Bengal Online 2023
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.