The Rupashree Prakalapa or Ruposhree Prokolpo is a new scheme introduced by the West Bengal government to provide economic support to the family of a girl at the time of her marriage.
This scheme was introduced in 2021 for girls over the age of 18 from economically weak families residing in West Bengal.
The government has stated that this scheme will act as an incentive and will prevent child marriage.
Under this scheme, the family of the girls who are about to get married in West Bengal will get one-time financial support of Rs. 25,000 from the government.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about the Rupashree Prakalpa/Scheme of the West Bengal government:
Let’s see each of these points in detail…
About West Bengal Rupashree Prakalpa/Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||Rupashree Prakalpa|
|Launched by||West Bengal Government|
|Objective of Scheme||Providing girls with financial support for marriage|
|Beneficiary||Girls of West Bengal|
|Application Form||Download Here|
Eligibility for Rupashree Prakalpa/Scheme
To be eligible to apply under the Rupashree scheme,
- The Bride must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The bride must be atleast 18 years of age and unmarried.
- The Groom must be atleast 21 years of age.
- Family income of the bride must not exceed 1.5 lakhs per annum.
- The proposed marriage is her first marriage.
- No minimum educational qualification is required.
Benefits of Rupashree Prakalpa/Scheme
The residents of West Bengal will get the following benefits after getting themselves registered under the Rupashree Scheme:
- One time payment of Rs. 25,000 at the time of marriage as an econimic support.
- The amount will be directly credited to the bank account of the bride.
How to Apply for Rupashree Prakalpa/Scheme
To apply for the Rupashree Scheme, firstly you need to collect the application form from the offices or download it from the link mentioned below.
Then you need to fill the form correctly and submitted along with other required documents at the same offices as applicable to you.
You need to submit the form not less than 30 days and not more than 60 days before the date of marriage.
You can also collect and submit the forms of the scheme through the Duare Sarkar Camps of the West Bengal government.
Application Form (PDF) of Rupashree Scheme Application
The Application form of the Rupashree scheme will be available free-of-cost from the following offices:
- Office of the Block Development Officer in case the applicant resides in a rural area.
- Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer in case the applicant resides in the Municipal area.
- Office of the Commissioner in case the applicant resides in a Corporation area.
You can also download the West Bengal Rupashree Scheme application form by clicking on the button below:
Documents required for Rupashree scheme application
The documents required to apply for benefits under the Rupashree scheme are:
- Birth Certificate
- Age proof of the groom
- Marriage Invitation Card (if available)
- Self Declaration about Marriage Status
- ID Proof
- Bank Account details
- Family income proof
Steps to check Rupashree scheme application status
To check the status of your Rupashree Prakalpa/Scheme application online,
- First, go to the Official website of the Rupashree Scheme (wbrupashree.gov.in)
- Next, click on Track Application.
- A new page will open.
- Enter application ID and Applicant Year.
- Click on “Submit”.
The status of your application will be shown on the screen.
What is the amount of money given under the Rupashree Scheme?
The family of the bride eligible under the Rupashree scheme will get one-time financial support of Rs.25000.
Can I apply for Rupashree Scheme during my second marriage?
The Rupashree Scheme is only applicable for those who are marrying for the first time.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check 2021 – banglashasyabima.net
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Online Apply 2021 (New process)
- Swasthya Sathi Hospital List – How to check (Any district)
- Duare Ration, Duare Sarkar phase 3 to start from November 16
- Krishak Bandhu status check online in West Bengal 2021