The Rupashree Prakalapa or Ruposhree Prokolpo is a new scheme introduced by the West Bengal government to provide economic support to a girl’s family at the time of her marriage.
This scheme was introduced in 2021 for girls over 18 years from economically weak families residing in West Bengal.
The government has stated that this scheme will act as an incentive and will prevent child marriage.
Under this scheme, the family of the girls who are about to get married in West Bengal will get one-time financial support of Rs. 25,000 from the government.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about the Rupashree Prakalpa of the West Bengal government:
- How to Apply
- Application Status Check
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
About West Bengal Rupashree Prakalpa
|Name of the Scheme
|West Bengal Government
|Objective of Scheme
|Providing girls with financial support for marriage
|Girls of West Bengal
Eligibility for Rupashree Prakalpa (Scheme)
To be eligible to apply under the Rupashree scheme,
- The Bride must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The bride must be at least 18 years of age and unmarried.
- The Groom must be at least 21 years of age.
- The family income of the bride must not exceed 1.5 lakhs per annum.
- The proposed marriage is her first marriage.
- No minimum educational qualification is required.
Benefits of Rupashree Prakalpa
The residents of West Bengal will get the following benefits after getting themselves registered under the Rupashree Scheme:
- One-time amount of Rs. 25,000 at the time of marriage as economic support.
- The amount will be directly credited to the bank account of the bride.
How to Apply for Rupashree Prakalpa (Scheme)
To apply for the Rupashree Scheme, firstly you need to collect the application form from the offices or download it from the link mentioned below.
Then you need to fill out the form correctly and submitted along with other required documents at the same offices as applicable to you.
You need to submit the form not less than 30 days and not more than 60 days before the date of marriage.
You can also collect and submit the forms of the scheme through the Duare Sarkar Camps of the West Bengal government.
Rupashree Prakalpa Application Form (PDF)
The Application form for the Rupashree scheme will be available free of cost from the following offices:
- Office of the Block Development Officer in case the applicant resides in a rural area.
- Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer in case the applicant resides in the Municipal area.
- Office of the Commissioner in case the applicant resides in a Corporation area.
You can also download the West Bengal Rupashree Scheme application form by clicking on the button below:
Documents required for Rupashree Prakalpa application
The documents required to apply for benefits under the Rupashree scheme are:
- Birth Certificate
- Age proof of the groom
- Marriage Invitation Card (if available)
- Self Declaration about Marriage Status
- ID Proof
- Bank Account details
- Family income proof
Steps to check Rupashree Prakalpa application status
To check the status of your Rupashree scheme application online,
- First, go to the Official website of the Rupashree Scheme (wbrupashree.gov.in)
- Next, click on the “Track Application” option.
- A new page will open.
- Next, enter your application ID and Applicant Year.
- Next, click on the “Submit” button.
The status of your application will be shown on the screen.
What is the amount of money given under the Rupashree Scheme?
The family of the bride eligible under the Rupashree scheme will get one-time financial support of Rs.25000.
Can I apply for Rupashree Scheme during my second marriage?
The Rupashree Scheme is only applicable for those who are marrying for the first time.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Driver Authorization Letter West Bengal – How To Generate Online
- How To Digitize Old Caste Certificate (Manual to Digital) West Bengal
- Caste Certificate Digitization Status Check Online West Bengal
- West Bengal Samasya Samadhan (Jan Sanjog) Scheme 2024
- Swasthya Sathi Card Balance Check Online Process 2024
- Disability Certificate Status Check Online Process West Bengal 2024
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.