The Swasthya Sathi Prakalpa is a health benefit scheme provided by the Government of West Bengal. It was introduced during the Duare Sarkar camp in December 2020.
Under this scheme, the beneficiaries will get health coverage for treatment in various government and private hospitals in West Bengal.
The Swasthya Sathi Smart Card is a type of smart card that is issued to the beneficiaries by the government to claim the benefits of the Swasthya Sathi scheme.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about the West Bengal Swasthya Sathi Scheme,
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
About Swasthya Sathi scheme
|Name of the Scheme||Swasthya Sathi Prokolpo|
|Launched by||West Bengal Government|
|Objective of Scheme||Providing health cover up to 5 lakhs per annum per family|
|Beneficiary||Citizen of West Bengal|
The Swasthya Sathi Prakalpa was popularised to the general public through the Duare Sarkar camps by the West Bengal government. This new scheme is basic health coverage for most of the families in West Bengal.
The citizens of West Bengal can use the Swasthya Sathi card issued by the government to claim benefits of Rs. 5 lakhs per annum per family. Out of these 5 lakhs, 1.5 Lakhs will be given through insurance mode and the remaining as assurance mode as stated by the WB government.
Eligibility for Swasthya Sathi Card Prakalpa
To be eligible to apply for a Swasthya Sathi card under the Swasthya Sathi scheme,
- You must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- You must not have any other government health benefits.
- Smart Card is issued to the woman head of the family.
Benefits of Swasthya Sathi scheme
The main benefits of the West Bengal government’s Swasthya Sathi Scheme are:
- Basic health cover, up to 5 lacs per annum per family.
- Up to Rs 1.5 Lakh through Insurance Mode and beyond 1.5 lakh to 5 Lakh through Assurance Mode.
- Cashless and paperless transactions through Swasthya Sathi smart card.
- No cap to family size.
- Parents of both spouses can be included.
- The entire premium is paid by the state government.
- All pre-existing diseases are covered.
How to apply for Swasthya Sathi card in West Bengal
You can register for the Swasthya Sathi Card Prokolpo/Scheme through the Duare Sarkar camps.
You need to take the forms from the camp, fill it up, and submit it along with all the supporting documents. You can also download the PDF of the Swasthya Sathi Application form from the official website (swasthyasathi.gov.in).
The Government of West Bengal also allows you to submit your application online.
Documents required to apply for a Swasthya Sathi card
The documents required to be submitted along with the Swasthya Sathi form at the Duare Sarkar camps are:
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Copy of Identity Proof.
- Copy of Address Proof.
After application, you can check your Swasthya Sathi card application status and your name on the list.
Services provided by swasthyasathi.gov.in
The West Bengal government has launched a new web portal for the Swasthya Sathi scheme. This new portal provides a number of services related to your Swasthya Sathi card.
Some of the services that you will get from the swasthyasathi.gov.in website include,
- Swasthya Sathi Card status check
- URN Verification
- List of active hospitals
- Registration for Vellore (CMC)
- Registrations for treatment in hospitals located outside West Bengal
- Packages provided under Swasthya Sathi
- Swasthya Sathi Forms A,B, C, and D download (PDF)
What kind of hospitals are included in Swasthya Sathi Scheme?
Both private and government hospitals are included under the Swasthya Sathi Scheme. You can get the list of hospitals from the Official Website.
Do I need to pay any cash for treatment in the hospital under the Swasthya Sathi scheme?
The West Bengal government assures benefits up to 5 lakhs under the scheme. You need to pay through the Smart card issued to your family.
What is the Swasthya Sathi helpline number?
The West Bengal Swasthya Sathi helpline number is 18003455384 (Toll-Free)
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Disability Certificate Status Check Online Process West Bengal 2023
- How To Download Disability Certificate (PDF) In West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Correction Online Process 2023
- How To Apply For Disability Certificate Online West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal e-District Portal Registration Process Online 2023
- How to Search Birth Certificate By Name West Bengal Online 2023
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.