The Swasthya Sathi Prakalpa is a health benefit scheme provided by the government of West Bengal.
The West Bengal government introduced the Swasthya Sathi scheme during the Duare Sarkar camp in December 2020.
Under this scheme, the beneficiaries will get a health cover for treatment in various government as well as private hospitals in West Bengal.
The Swasthya Sathi Smart Card is a type of smart card that is issued to the beneficiaries by the government to claim the benefits of the Swasthya Sathi scheme.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about the West Bengal Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2021,
Let’s see each of these in detail…
About Swasthya Sathi Scheme West Bengal 2021
|Name of the Scheme||Swasthya Sathi Prokolpo|
|Launched by||West Bengal Government|
|Objective of Scheme||Providing health cover up to 5 lakhs per annum per family|
|Beneficiary||Citizen of West Bengal|
The Swasthya Sathi scheme was popularised to the general public through the Duare Sarkar camps by the West Bengal government.
This new West Bengal Swasthya Sathi scheme is basic health coverage for most of the families in West Bengal.
The citizens of West Bengal can use the Swasthya Sathi card issued by the government to claim benefits of Rs. 5 lakhs per annum per family.
Out of these 5 lakhs, 1.5 Lakhs will be given through insurance mode and the remaining as assurance mode as stated by the WB government.
Eligibility for Swasthya Sathi Card West Bengal 2021
To be eligible to apply for a Swasthya Sathi card under the Swasthya Sathi scheme,
- You must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- You must not have any other government health benefits.
- Smart Card is issued to the women head of family.
Benefits of Swasthya Sathi Scheme West Bengal 2021
The main benefits of the West Bengal government’s Swasthya Sathi Scheme are:
- Basic health cover up to 5 lacs per annum per family.
- Up to Rs 1.5 Lakh through Insurance Mode and beyond 1.5 lakh to 5 Lakh through Assurance Mode.
- Cashless and paperless transaction through Swasthya Sathi smart card.
- No cap to family size.
- Parents of both spouses can be included.
- Entire premuim is paid by the state government.
- All pre-existing diseases are covered.
How to Apply for Swasthya Sathi card West Bengal 2021
You can register for the Swasthya Sathi Card Prokolpo/Scheme through the Duare Sarkar camps.
You need to take the forms from the camp, fill it up, and submit it along with all the supporting documents.
The online application process will soon start on the official website of the Swasthya Sathi scheme (swasthyasathi.gov.in).
Documents Required to apply for Swasthya Sathi Card 2021
The documents required to be submitted along with the Swasthya Sathi form at the Duare Sarkar camps are:
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Copy of Identity Proof.
- Copy of Address Proof.
Steps to check Application Status of Swasthya Sathi card 2021
To check the status of your Swasthya Sathi card application,
- First, go to the official website of the Swasthya Sathi Scheme.
- Now click on the menu option and then click on “Find Your Name“.
- Now enter your mobile number that you have given during the time of your Swasthya Sathi application.
- If you don’t remember which number you have given, enter your primary mobile number.
- Now select as yourself or others from the option.
- Now click on the “Submit” button.
- A New page will open up.
- Select state name, district name, block/municipality and other details.
- In the “select by” box select the documents submitted during application of the Swasthya Sathi card.
- Enter the document number.
- Now click on the submit button.
The status and other details related to your Swasthya Sathi card will be displayed on your screen.
Here you can see if a URN number is generated for your Swasthya Sathi card or not. If it is not generated, your application is still under process.
What kind of hospitals are included in Swasthya Sathi Scheme?
Both private and government hospitals are included under the Swasthya Sathi Scheme. You can get the list of hospitals from the Official Website.
Do I need to pay any cash for treatment in the hospital under the Swasthya Sathi scheme?
The West Bengal government assures benefits up to 5 lakhs under the scheme. You need to pay through the Smart card issued to your family.
What is the Swasthya Sathi helpline number?
The West Bengal Swasthya Sathi helpline number is 18003455384 (Toll-Free)
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Krishak Bandhu Scheme (NEW) for farmers of West Bengal 2021
- WB Lakshmir Bhandar Scheme Status Check 2021
- West Bengal “Parijayi Sahay” Prakalpa Scheme – Eligibility, Benefits
- West Bengal Banglar Bari Awas Yojana Prokolpo for EWS citizens 2021 – Eligibility, List
- West Bengal Digital e-Ration Card 2021 – Download, Benefits
- BDO/SDO/DM Income Certificate in West Bengal Online 2021
- Change Ration Shop for part Family (FORM 13) – Documents Required, Steps
- West Bengal Shishu Sathi Scheme for children’s heart treatment – Eligibility, How to apply
- List of schemes to apply under West Bengal Duare Sarkar Camp 2021