Hon’ble Commissioner of Police Asansol Durgapur Police Commissionerate launched Woman Safety App for Android, named as “ABHAYA” on 06.02.2020.
This is done for the improvement of women’s safety in the Asansol Durgapur region.
A Dedicated woman helpline number 9609900100 and a dedicated email for women helpdesk is also released [email protected].
The app can be used from any area under the jurisdiction of the Asansol Durgapur Police Commisionarate.
The app requires an internet connection, therefore the helpline no.is also given in case there is no internet connectivity in the area.
Salient Features of the “ABHAYA” App as published on the ADPC Facebook Page
1. The panic button, which will be activated on three taps
2. One SMS mentioning the name, Mobile no and real-time location will be generated.
3. SMS will be delivered to
• Woman helpdesk no- 9609900100
• CUG no of officer in charge of nearest Police station
• Concerned Zonal ACP
• Three Mobile nos of friends and relatives (If set by App user)
4. List of nearest Police establishments
5. List of Hospitals
6. Tracking will be on until the SOS button will be turned to red by three taps again.
7. The victim will also get a message stating that “Your Distress message has been delivered to Asansol Durgapur Police. You will receive a call from the Women helpline shortly. For further assistance please call 90832689 —- (CUG No of officer-in-charge of nearest Police Station)”
CP of Asansol Durgapur Police Commisionarate, Sukesh Kumar Jain launched the app to the general public on 06.02.2020.
The Asansol Durgapur Police Commisionarate also stated that more improvements and updates will be done on the app in the future and more features will be added.
Share this and let everyone know about the App.
Dedicated Women Helpline: 9609900100
Dedicated Women Helpdesk Email: [email protected]