Durgapur is a major industrial city located in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is categorized as a tier -II city and is a Municipal Corporation under the Paschim Bardhaman District.
The City of Durgapur is the fourth-largest urban agglomeration in West Bengal after Kolkata, Asansol and Siliguri.
Durgapur City is nicknamed as the Ruhr of Bengal. It is also known as the Steel city of West Bengal because of presence of one of India’s major steel plant, the “Durgapur Steel Plant (DSP)”.
Durgapur Basic Facts
What is Durgapur famous for?
Durgapur is famous for its industries. Some of India’s top steel plants like ‘Durgapur Steel Plant‘ and ‘Alloy Steel Plant‘ are located here.
The prestigious ‘National Institute of Technology, Durgapur‘ is also present here. The city also has one of India’s top research centers, the Central Mechanical Engineering and Research Institute (CMERI).
You can know more about what Durgapur is famous for in this article: 5 things Durgapur is known for all across India
How far is Durgapur from Kolkata?
Durgapur is located at a distance of about 171 kilometers from Kolkata, the capital city of West Bengal.
A lot of buses and trains run between Durgapur and Kolkata. It takes about 3 hours to reach Kolkata from Durgapur.
DURGAPUR LATEST NEWS
- Mayurakshi Express will not be operating for 4 days May 27, 2022
- Durgapur Municipal Corporation (DMC) Water Tax Online Payment May 3, 2022
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 7 days April 19, 2022
- Amar Fasal Amar Gola Scheme West Bengal for farmers 2022 April 18, 2022
- Mayurakhi Express to run on a new route – See Timetable April 5, 2022
- Online Deed Number Search West Bengal 2022 (All Methods) March 23, 2022
- Online Marriage Registration West Bengal – Process, Documents March 21, 2022
- Durgapur to Guwahati flight services to start by the end of March 2022 March 14, 2022
- Matir Katha Portal for Farmers – Benefits, License Application 2022 March 9, 2022