Durgapur is a major industrial city located in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is categorized as a tier -II city and is a Municipal Corporation under the Paschim Bardhaman District.
The City of Durgapur is the fourth-largest urban agglomeration in West Bengal after Kolkata, Asansol and Siliguri.
Durgapur City is nicknamed as the Ruhr of Bengal. It is also known as the Steel city of West Bengal because of presence of one of India’s major steel plant, the “Durgapur Steel Plant (DSP)”.
Durgapur Basic Facts
What is Durgapur famous for?
Durgapur is famous for its industries. Some of India’s top steel plants like ‘Durgapur Steel Plant‘ and ‘Alloy Steel Plant‘ are located here.
The prestigious ‘National Institute of Technology, Durgapur‘ is also present here. The city also has one of India’s top research centers, the Central Mechanical Engineering and Research Institute (CMERI).
You can know more about what Durgapur is famous for in this article: 5 things Durgapur is known for all across India
How far is Durgapur from Kolkata?
Durgapur is located at a distance of about 171 kilometers from Kolkata, the capital city of West Bengal.
A lot of buses and trains run between Durgapur and Kolkata. It takes about 3 hours to reach Kolkata from Durgapur.
DURGAPUR LATEST NEWS
- How To Update Mobile Number Registered With Vehicle 2023 January 31, 2023
- 6 Best Parks To Visit in Durgapur (West Bengal) January 27, 2023
- How To Find Duare Sarkar Camp List Near You In West Bengal 2023 December 11, 2022
- Vehicle No Objection Certificate (NOC) Download Process 2023 November 25, 2022
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate PDF Download Online Process 2023 November 25, 2022
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) PDF Download Process 2023 November 25, 2022
- How To Check RTO Application Status Online 2023 November 25, 2022
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially November 20, 2022
- Caste Certificate Download (PDF) Online Process West Bengal 2023 October 21, 2022