Durgapur is a major industrial city located in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is categorized as a tier -II city and is a Municipal Corporation under the Paschim Bardhaman District.
The City of Durgapur is the fourth-largest urban agglomeration in West Bengal after Kolkata, Asansol and Siliguri.
Durgapur City is nicknamed as the Ruhr of Bengal. It is also known as the Steel city of West Bengal because of presence of one of India’s major steel plant, the “Durgapur Steel Plant (DSP)”.
Durgapur Basic Facts
What is Durgapur famous for?
Durgapur is famous for its industries. Some of India’s top steel plants like ‘Durgapur Steel Plant‘ and ‘Alloy Steel Plant‘ are located here.
The prestigious ‘National Institute of Technology, Durgapur‘ is also present here. The city also has one of India’s top research centers, the Central Mechanical Engineering and Research Institute (CMERI).
You can know more about what Durgapur is famous for in this article: 5 things Durgapur is known for all across India
How far is Durgapur from Kolkata?
Durgapur is located at a distance of about 171 kilometers from Kolkata, the capital city of West Bengal.
A lot of buses and trains run between Durgapur and Kolkata. It takes about 3 hours to reach Kolkata from Durgapur.
DURGAPUR LATEST NEWS
- How To Check Status Of Swasthya Sathi Online Application 2022 September 17, 2022
- Swasthya Sathi Card Online Application Process West Bengal 2022 September 17, 2022
- Voter ID and Aadhaar Link Online Process 2022 (FORM 6B) August 24, 2022
- Siuri-Sealdah New Train (via Andal) to start operations on Aug 1 July 30, 2022
- Aadhaar Update History – How to Check Online and Download July 21, 2022
- New Internet Exchange Point inaugurated in Durgapur July 12, 2022
- Online OPD Ticket Booking West Bengal – SSKM, PG, NRS July 12, 2022
- Mayurakshi Express will not be operating for 4 days May 27, 2022
- Durgapur Municipal Corporation (DMC) Water Tax Online Payment May 3, 2022