Durgapur is a major industrial city located in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is categorized as a tier -II city and is a Municipal Corporation under the Paschim Bardhaman District.
The City of Durgapur is the fourth-largest urban agglomeration in West Bengal after Kolkata, Asansol and Siliguri.
Durgapur City is nicknamed as the Ruhr of Bengal. It is also known as the Steel city of West Bengal because of presence of one of India’s major steel plant, the “Durgapur Steel Plant (DSP)”.
Durgapur Basic Facts
What is Durgapur famous for?
Durgapur is famous for its industries. Some of India’s top steel plants like ‘Durgapur Steel Plant‘ and ‘Alloy Steel Plant‘ are located here.
The prestigious ‘National Institute of Technology, Durgapur‘ is also present here. The city also has one of India’s top research centers, the Central Mechanical Engineering and Research Institute (CMERI).
You can know more about what Durgapur is famous for in this article: 5 things Durgapur is known for all across India
How far is Durgapur from Kolkata?
Durgapur is located at a distance of about 171 kilometers from Kolkata, the capital city of West Bengal.
A lot of buses and trains run between Durgapur and Kolkata. It takes about 3 hours to reach Kolkata from Durgapur.
DURGAPUR LATEST NEWS
- Verify PM Kisan and Aadhar number link status online 2021 December 4, 2021
- PM Kisan e-KYC 2021 | Link Aadhaar with PM Kisan Online December 4, 2021
- West Bengal Voter List 2022 PDF Download Online (with details) December 4, 2021
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check Online in West Bengal 2021 November 28, 2021
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download November 28, 2021
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in November 25, 2021
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021 November 25, 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services November 21, 2021
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022 November 17, 2021