16 water ATMs were inaugurated in different parts of Durgapur on Friday. 13 of which are open to the general public. 3 more will be opened to the general public soon.
They were inaugurated by Mayor Dilip Agasti. Deputy Mayor Anindita Mukhopadhyay and others were also present at the inauguration.
Summer is almost here. We often come across a situation, especially in the summer months, where we go to a place and then we desperately need a bottle of cold water as the water we have is already finished.
In this situation, we often have to go to a shop and spend Rs.20 for a bottle of water.
Most of the people may not be able to afford to spend Rs.20 for a bottle of clean water.
Keeping their situation in mind, the Durgapur Municipal Corporation set up these water ATMs at different parts of Durgapur, like in City Center, in front of SD Hospital, Birbhanpur, ESI Hospital, and others.
There are a lot of people who come to Durgapur for work. These water ATMs will be extremely beneficial for them as well.
According to DMC, the general public will get 500ML of water for Rs.1 and 1L of water for Rs.2 which they can get by putting coins in the water ATMs.
They will also get 5L for Rs10, 10L for Rs.20 and 20L for Rs.40. But for these, they need to obtain a special water card from DMC. These are done so that there is no selling of this water from the water ATMs in black.
Durgapurians are very happy with this initiative.
Cover Pic: Girrish Sharma
Get Latest News and Updates about Durgapur on WhatsApp
[Like our Facebook Page to get Regular Updates about Durgapur]
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Flights from Durgapur to Jaipur and Patna to start from May 2023
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially
- Durgapur Durga Puja Carnival 2022 – Date, Time, Venue
- New Internet Exchange Point inaugurated in Durgapur
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 7 days
- Durgapur to Guwahati flight services to start by the end of March 2022
- SBSTC starts Durgapur Airport to Durgapur Station bus service
- West Bengal Primary & Upper Primary schools to reopen this week
- Some services at DSP Hospital will not be available for 15 days