Durgapur: The number of cases all over India is increasing exponentially. In the city of Durgapur also, there is no exception.
In many states, there is a shortage of hospital beds and medical oxygen supply. In the district of Paschim Bardhaman, a record number of cases can be seen almost every single day. The number of active cases in the district has crossed 5000.
Keeping a situation in mind, a meeting was held on Wednesday between the Chamber of Commerce, DMC and Durgapur Sub – Division Authorities, according to sources.
In the meeting it was said that the Chamber of Commerce have requested all small and large businessman in all markets in Durgapur to keep their shops closed for 3 days in a row, i.e, on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd May 2021.
However, shops with essential items like milk, medicines, etc will remain open.
Although no official decision, to keep the shops closed, has been taken by the Durgapur Sub-Division Authorities or DMC.
According to them, this might help in controlling the spread in the market areas. They also said that keeping the shops closed will not help in controlling the spread completely.
People need to be more aware and should take precautions wherever possible.
In West Bengal, the total number of cases reached 7,76,345 and out of them, 6,64,648 people have recovered so far.
Currently, Kolkata has the highest number of active cases followed by North 24 Parganas. Paschim Bardhaman is currently in fourth place in the number of active cases.
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- Verify PM Kisan and Aadhar number link status online 2021
- PM Kisan e-KYC 2021 | Link Aadhaar with PM Kisan Online
- West Bengal Voter List 2022 PDF Download Online (with details)
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check Online in West Bengal 2021
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022