Raniganj: Andal’s Kaji Nazrul Islam Airport, also known as the Durgapur Airport currently has routes linking to four different cities, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Delhi.
At present, due to the ongoing situation, only the Mumbai, and Chennai routes are operational 3 days a week, namely Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
The Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee, on Tuesday at an administrative program in Raniganj, said the Andal airport will soon become an International Airport.
She also added, “In the coming days, Andal Airport may become like Dumdum Airport. Andal Airport will one day become a very important airport. Communication with different parts of the world will be established from Andal Airport.”
The process of building a second major airport in all the major cities in India have already in progress.
But due to the lack of availability of land in Kolkata, the process of building the second airport of Dumdum Airport has not started yet, according to sources.
The state government wants to set Andal Airport as the alternative airport to Dumdum, which became more clear with what Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said yesterday.
According to news sources, the state government has informed the center regarding the same.
[Disclaimer: The news and information we provide are in the public interest. We collect information from various sources and crosscheck them to verify they are 100% authentic. But still if you think any news or information we provide is inaccurate, please leave us a mail at [email protected]]
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- Verify PM Kisan and Aadhar number link status online 2021
- PM Kisan e-KYC 2021 | Link Aadhaar with PM Kisan Online
- West Bengal Voter List 2022 PDF Download Online (with details)
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check Online in West Bengal 2021
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022