In the year 1905 when Lord Karjan announced of dividing East Bengal from entire India, Rabindranath Tagore first started “Rakshabandhan” ceremony to tie people of two countries under brotherhood.
From then the practice is being carried forward till now.
The motto of “Rakshabandhan” is simple. It is to tie anyone in brotherhood.
But during this pandemic, it is very important to tie all people under brotherhood to help each other in their hard time.
Personal protection is also very important to curb the spread of COVID.
So, today Asansol Durgapur Police decided to distribute masks to the residents of Paschim Bardhaman instead of tying Rakhi on the wrist.
The masks were distributed to poor people and people, who were seen in roads without masks.
The initiative is new, but in this pandemic to stop spreading of corona virus and make people aware, no plan could be more effective than this.
Initiatives like this will increase the public awareness in times like this, when it is much needed.
The Asansol Durgapur police is working hard everyday to ensure that regulations and guidelines are properly maintained during this pandemic.
Cover pic: Asansol Durgapur Police Facebook page
[Disclaimer: The news and information we provide are in the public interest. We collect information from various sources and crosscheck them to verify they are 100% authentic. But still if you think any news or information we provide is inaccurate, please leave us a mail at [email protected]]
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- How To Update Mobile Number Registered With Vehicle 2023
- 6 Best Parks To Visit in Durgapur (West Bengal)
- How To Find Duare Sarkar Camp List Near You In West Bengal 2023
- Vehicle No Objection Certificate (NOC) Download Process 2023
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate PDF Download Online Process 2023
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) PDF Download Process 2023
- How To Check RTO Application Status Online 2023
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially
- Caste Certificate Download (PDF) Online Process West Bengal 2023