Durgapur: After quite a few days of the announcement, Corona Vaccine Covishield finally arrived at Durgapur on Thursday, 14th January.
The vaccine arrived in Kolkata on Tuesday from the Serum Institute in Pune. Arrangements were soon made for its distribution from Kolkata to various districts of West Bengal.
According to sources, a total of 19,000 vaccines arrived at Asansol on Thursday for the Paschim Barddhaman district. Out of this, the COVID vaccine for a total of 100 people arrived in Durgapur on the same day.
Mayor of Durgapur, Dilip Augusti had said that in Paschim Bardhaman district, a total of 1000 people would be vaccinated in 10 centers, 100 in each center in the first day.
On Saturday, the first 100 health workers in Durgapur will get vaccinated. The process of vaccination will take place in the Srijoni Auditorium.
According to the district health department, a total of 16,671 people have been selected for vaccination in the first phase.
Meanwhile, the names of the first 100 health workers who will get vaccinated on the first day in Durgapur have already been sent.
In the case of vaccination against COVID, the Department of Health is focusing primarily on the frontline COVID warriors. The first vaccination will start on Saturday at Srijani Auditorium following all the guidelines.
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check 2021 – banglashasyabima.net
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021