Council of scientific and Industrial Research’s Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-CMERI) has developed a ‘solar tree’, which is claimed to be e world’s largest ‘solar tree’ till date.
It has been installed at the residential complex of CSIR-CMERI, Durgapur. According to the authority, this ‘solar tree’ will be broadly used in agricultural activities.
This huge tree consists of a total of 35 solar panels, and each panel has a capacity of producing 330Wp (watt-peak) of green power. The panels are flexible and can be adjusted as per requirement and also the data of daily energy generation can be monitored.
Annually, this ‘solar tree’ is capable of generating around 12,000-14,000 units of clean and green power, which can easily cut off the emission of extra 10-12 tons of carbon dioxide per annum for an industrial level of electricity production.
The ministry confirmed that, this kind of Solar Plant it and solar energy will be usually used in agricultural activities, like running e-tractors, e-power tillers, high-capacity pumps etc.
As of now, the price of a single solar tree is around 7.5 lakh rupees. CSIR-CMERI is hopeful that, in the near future, these will be used in different fields apart from the agricultural sector.
Get Latest News and Updates about Durgapur on WhatsApp
[Like our Facebook Page to get Regular Updates about Durgapur]
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- How To Get Municipality Holding Number In West Bengal Online
- How To Know Your PM Kisan Registration Number Online 2023
- Khajna (Land Revenue) Online Payment Process West Bengal 2023
- How To Find West Bengal Khajna Application Number Online 2023
- West Bengal Land Revenue (Khajna) Application Process Online
- Bhiringi Kali Temple (Mandir) Durgapur – Timings, History
- Check Traffic Fines or Challan On Your Vehicle Online 2023
- Traffic Challan (Or Fines) Payment Process Online For Vehicle
- How to Check Traffic Challan And Payment Status Online 2023