Council of scientific and Industrial Research’s Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-CMERI) has developed a ‘solar tree’, which is claimed to be e world’s largest ‘solar tree’ till date.
It has been installed at the residential complex of CSIR-CMERI, Durgapur. According to the authority, this ‘solar tree’ will be broadly used in agricultural activities.
This huge tree consists of a total of 35 solar panels, and each panel has a capacity of producing 330Wp (watt-peak) of green power. The panels are flexible and can be adjusted as per requirement and also the data of daily energy generation can be monitored.
Annually, this ‘solar tree’ is capable of generating around 12,000-14,000 units of clean and green power, which can easily cut off the emission of extra 10-12 tons of carbon dioxide per annum for an industrial level of electricity production.
The ministry confirmed that, this kind of Solar Plant it and solar energy will be usually used in agricultural activities, like running e-tractors, e-power tillers, high-capacity pumps etc.
As of now, the price of a single solar tree is around 7.5 lakh rupees. CSIR-CMERI is hopeful that, in the near future, these will be used in different fields apart from the agricultural sector.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Verify PM Kisan and Aadhar number link status online 2021
- PM Kisan e-KYC 2021 | Link Aadhaar with PM Kisan Online
- West Bengal Voter List 2022 PDF Download Online (with details)
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check Online in West Bengal 2021
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022