Council of scientific and Industrial Research’s Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-CMERI) has developed a ‘solar tree’, which is claimed to be e world’s largest ‘solar tree’ till date.
It has been installed at the residential complex of CSIR-CMERI, Durgapur. According to the authority, this ‘solar tree’ will be broadly used in agricultural activities.
This huge tree consists of a total of 35 solar panels, and each panel has a capacity of producing 330Wp (watt-peak) of green power. The panels are flexible and can be adjusted as per requirement and also the data of daily energy generation can be monitored.
Annually, this ‘solar tree’ is capable of generating around 12,000-14,000 units of clean and green power, which can easily cut off the emission of extra 10-12 tons of carbon dioxide per annum for an industrial level of electricity production.
The ministry confirmed that, this kind of Solar Plant it and solar energy will be usually used in agricultural activities, like running e-tractors, e-power tillers, high-capacity pumps etc.
As of now, the price of a single solar tree is around 7.5 lakh rupees. CSIR-CMERI is hopeful that, in the near future, these will be used in different fields apart from the agricultural sector.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Vehicle No Objection Certificate (NOC) Download Process 2022
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate PDF Download Online Process 2022
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) PDF Download Process 2022
- How To Check RTO Application Status Online 2022
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially
- Caste Certificate Download (PDF) Online Process West Bengal 2022
- Duplicate PAN Card PDF Download Process | Instant e-PAN card
- Krishak Bandhu ID Number Check (Search) Online Process 2022
- Durgapur Durga Puja Carnival 2022 – Date, Time, Venue