Council of scientific and Industrial Research’s Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-CMERI) has developed a ‘solar tree’, which is claimed to be e world’s largest ‘solar tree’ till date.
It has been installed at the residential complex of CSIR-CMERI, Durgapur. According to the authority, this ‘solar tree’ will be broadly used in agricultural activities.
This huge tree consists of a total of 35 solar panels, and each panel has a capacity of producing 330Wp (watt-peak) of green power. The panels are flexible and can be adjusted as per requirement and also the data of daily energy generation can be monitored.
Annually, this ‘solar tree’ is capable of generating around 12,000-14,000 units of clean and green power, which can easily cut off the emission of extra 10-12 tons of carbon dioxide per annum for an industrial level of electricity production.
The ministry confirmed that, this kind of Solar Plant it and solar energy will be usually used in agricultural activities, like running e-tractors, e-power tillers, high-capacity pumps etc.
As of now, the price of a single solar tree is around 7.5 lakh rupees. CSIR-CMERI is hopeful that, in the near future, these will be used in different fields apart from the agricultural sector.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- How To Register On Vahan NR e-Services Portal Online 2023
- Driving Licence Test Slot Booking Online Process 2023
- How To Lock And Unlock Your Aadhaar Biometrics Online 2023
- How to Search Voter ID By Name Online In India (Any State) 2023
- Cancel Aadhaar Update Request Online Process 2023
- How To Change Date of Birth (DOB) In Driving Licence Online 2023
- How To Transfer Voter Card (Change Address) After Marriage 2023
- How to Search Birth Certificate By Name West Bengal Online 2023
- Find Birth Certificate Acknowledgment Number West Bengal 2023