The Forest Ministry of West Bengal has decided to refurbish the Garh Jungle of Kanksa block like the national parks of North Bengal for tourist attraction.
Three years ago, this jungle was announced as a reserve forest.
In this jungle, there is a presence of various animals, birds, and herbs. Not only the natural resources but the temple of Shyamrupa, villages of tribal folks on the bank of the river Ajay are major sites of attraction.
Also Read: Best career options for highest paying jobs 2021
For tourists, a trekking route, which is about 10 km long is being set up in that area. This will start from Kanksa Shibpur, all the way to Deul park.
Tourists will be able to enjoy the scenic beauty of the jungle from watchtowers.
Also, there a plan for constructing a hand-loom hub for the tourists in the area.
This Friday, Minister of the Forest Department of West Bengal, Mr Rajib Banarjee inaugurated a Day Centre and the trekking route. According to him, this jungle will be refurbished like the national parks of North Bengal.
Get Latest News and Updates about Durgapur on WhatsApp
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- How To Apply for Duplicate Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- How To Change Address In Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- Driving Licence Renewal Online Process 2023 (All States)
- mParivahan App Registration and Login Process Online 2023
- Aadhaar Bank Link Status Check (All Banks) Online Process 2023
- Durgapur To Kolkata – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train
- Digital Ration Card West Bengal (Khadya Sathi Scheme) 2023
- Vehicle Ownership Or RC Transfer Status Check Online Process
- Flights from Durgapur to Jaipur and Patna to start from May 2023