Kolkata: The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has decided to extend Durgapur Expressway to 6 lanes from 4 lanes.
The construction work will start shortly, under Bharatmala Project.
As the expressway will be broader, it is being expected that there should be less density of traffic.
To decrease the probability of an accident, lay bys will be added to the expressway.
Durgapur expressway is one of the busiest expressways in the Southern region of West Bengal.
It connects industrial belt of Durgapur – Asansol with Kolkata.
Many cars, cargos and buses passes through this way every day.
It creates a lot of traffic almost every day.
As it connects Bihar and Jharkhand with the industrial belt of Durgapur – Asansol, the load of the traffic is increasing day by day.
Last year Central Government took the decision to extend this expressway from 4 lanes to 6.
The project will start soon. The expansion will be approximately 130 kilometers long and it will take approximately 3 years to complete.
The project will be bifurcated into Panagarh- Palsit and Palsit-Dankuni regions. The number of lay-bys will be increased to 19.
According to some news sources, 60 vehicle underpasses, 3 railway overbridges, and 4 flyovers will be constructed on this expressway.
Get Latest News and Updates about Durgapur on WhatsApp
Cover Pic Credits: Wikimedia
[Disclaimer: The news and information we provide are in the public interest. We collect information from various sources and crosscheck them to verify they are 100% authentic. But still if you think any news or information we provide is inaccurate, please leave us a mail at [email protected]]
[Like our Facebook Page to get Regular Updates about Durgapur]
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- How To Apply for Duplicate Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- How To Change Address In Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- Driving Licence Renewal Online Process 2023 (All States)
- mParivahan App Registration and Login Process Online 2023
- Aadhaar Bank Link Status Check (All Banks) Online Process 2023
- Durgapur To Kolkata – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train
- Digital Ration Card West Bengal (Khadya Sathi Scheme) 2023
- Vehicle Ownership Or RC Transfer Status Check Online Process
- Flights from Durgapur to Jaipur and Patna to start from May 2023