It’s again time for the gigantic Rath Yatra Mela in Durgapur which is obviously known to all Durgapurians. It’s time again for a good get-together with friends or a special hangout with your family.
How can one miss a splendid eve with friends family and loved ones!
For more than 50 years, this particular fair is being held at the same venue which is the Rajiv Gandhi Mela Ground. However, the Rath Yatra Mela of 2020 and 2021 has been canceled due to the ongoing situation.
People from all over Durgapur as well as from the neighboring cities like Asansol, Raniganj, etc. visit the Mela in large numbers.
It is undoubtedly a celebration time for the people of Durgapur. Every year it attracts a large number of visitors from Durgapur and surrounding areas.
Even the rain can’t reduce the number of people visiting it.
There is a huge number of stalls in which you can get a variety of items. The food stalls with foods and drinks of delicious taste bring a flavor to the fair.
Everyone’s fav includes the pastures chop and jalebi. The rides are too interesting to miss. Hope to see some new rides this year.
The book fair that is held along with it brings to you a huge collection of books in more than 53 stalls.
There is a small entry fee to the book fair but very little compared to the variety of books that you get inside.
Another fair is organized by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) started 5years back and is going on quite well.
It’s held at the Chaturanga Ground and attracts quite a number of people.
There is also a Jagannath Temple adjacent to Mamta Bazar near MAMC township. This is one of the oldest Jagannath Temples in Durgapur and the Rath Yatra celebration here is the oldest in the city.
This year also Durgapur is going to witness another huge gathering like it does every year. The excitement had already started.
So visit the fair with your friends, family, and loved ones and share your experience with us!!
Happy Rath Yatra!
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021
- Birth Certificate Download and Status Check West Bengal 2021
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Online Apply 2021 (New process)