Update: Kalpataru Mela has been shut down for the year 2022.
Durgapur: Kalpataru Mela, the annual fair and festival that takes place at the Kalpataru Mela ground near Gamon Bridge, is going to be held this year as well.
Kalpataru Mela Durgapur Dates: 1st January 2022 – 5th January 2022.
Kalpataru Mela Durgapur Timings: 12PM to 7PM
This year will be the 47th year of this historic Mela in Durgapur.
The organizers of the fair have requested everyone to wear masks while visiting.
Every year the Kalpataru Mela starts around 1st January and goes on till the 5th January and this year also, the dates are expected to remain the same.
Thousands of people, not only from Durgapur but also from parts of Bankura, Andal, and Kanksha, visit this Mela.
Being one of the biggest Melas that is organized in Durgapur, this Mela also adds a great economic value to the area.
The term Kalpataru actually means a tree that fulfills every wish.
On January 1, 1886, it is said Ramkrishna had a self-revelation and on that day everyone’s wish was fulfilled by him just like a Kalpataru.
After that day, Kalpataru utsav and mela started at Kasipur.
At Sadhudanga Kalikananda Ramkrishna ashram, Durgapur, the KALPATARU UTSAV started in 1964.
This fair is the oldest and biggest fair at Durgapur with Krisi Mela, a book fair, a cultural program, and an industrial fair.
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- How To Update Mobile Number Registered With Vehicle 2023
- 6 Best Parks To Visit in Durgapur (West Bengal)
- How To Find Duare Sarkar Camp List Near You In West Bengal 2023
- Vehicle No Objection Certificate (NOC) Download Process 2023
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate PDF Download Online Process 2023
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) PDF Download Process 2023