Durgapur: In order to combat the Oxygen crisis in India, researchers at NIT Durgapur recently developed a low-cost portable oxygen concentrator, according to a press release by NIT.
The design and development of this product have been led by Prof. Shibendu Shekhar Roy of the Mechanical Engineering Department and his team and have been funded by the institute.
The device has been named ‘Pranayam’ and is a part of the NIT Durgapur ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’ initiative. This oxygen concentrator is expected to cost around half that of the current market price.
According to them, the device will provide 92+-2% Oxygen purity at 5 LPM.
Last year also NIT Durgapur successfully developed affordable ventilators for the patients all over India.
According to the press release, this oxygen concentrator will be soon available on a commercial basis through authorized manufacturing agencies.
It also mentioned that NIT Durgapur has sent one of these affordable low-cost oxygen concentrators to Sanjivani Hospital in Uluberia for clinical testing and application on moderate patients.
Read Another Article About Durgapur
- Durgapur Utsav 2023 – Date, Timings, Venue, Programs
- Durgapur ISKCON Temple – Timings, Location, Occasions
- Durgapur To Siliguri – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train
- Durgapur To Berhampore – How to Reach By Car, Bus
- Durgapur To Berhampore SBSTC Bus Time Table (Via Suri, Bolpur)
- Durgapur To Bardhaman – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train