Durgapur: In order to combat the Oxygen crisis in India, researchers at NIT Durgapur recently developed a low-cost portable oxygen concentrator, according to a press release by NIT.
The design and development of this product have been led by Prof. Shibendu Shekhar Roy of the Mechanical Engineering Department and his team and have been funded by the institute.
The device has been named ‘Pranayam’ and is a part of the NIT Durgapur ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’ initiative. This oxygen concentrator is expected to cost around half that of the current market price.
According to them, the device will provide 92+-2% Oxygen purity at 5 LPM.
Last year also NIT Durgapur successfully developed affordable ventilators for the patients all over India.
According to the press release, this oxygen concentrator will be soon available on a commercial basis through authorized manufacturing agencies.
It also mentioned that NIT Durgapur has sent one of these affordable low-cost oxygen concentrators to Sanjivani Hospital in Uluberia for clinical testing and application on moderate patients.
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- How To Update Mobile Number Registered With Vehicle 2023
- 6 Best Parks To Visit in Durgapur (West Bengal)
- How To Find Duare Sarkar Camp List Near You In West Bengal 2023
- Vehicle No Objection Certificate (NOC) Download Process 2023
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate PDF Download Online Process 2023
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) PDF Download Process 2023