PM Narendra Modi while addressing the nation about the coronavirus that is effecting lakhs worldwide, announced a self-imposed “Janata Curfew” to be observed on Sunday, 22nd March from 7 AM to 9 PM.
What is ‘Janata Curfew’?
“Janata Curfew” is a Curfew of the people by the people for the people, as a step to prevent the spreading of the Novel Coronavirus.
PM Modi said that this is a Self-Imposed curfew as a step to prevent the fast spreading of the Coronavirus.
“On March 22, from 7 am to 9 pm, all countrymen have to follow the Janta Curfew,” he said.
What to do during the Curfew?
During the curfew that is on 22nd March from 7 AM to 9 PM, people are requested to avoid public gatherings and public places and to stay at home during the stipulated time.
In his speech, he said, “All citizens should follow the Janta curfew. No citizens should step out or congregate.”
People working in essential services like the Police, Medical Services, Media, Home delivery, etc will not have to take part in the curfew.
He said this while he was addressing the nation on Thursday regarding the COVID-19 that had affected lakhs worldwide and 138 people in India.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Flights from Durgapur to Jaipur and Patna to start from May 2023
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially
- Durgapur Durga Puja Carnival 2023 – Date, Time, Venue
- New Internet Exchange Point inaugurated in Durgapur
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 7 days
- Durgapur to Guwahati flight services to start by the end of March 2022
- SBSTC starts Durgapur Airport to Durgapur Station bus service
- West Bengal Primary & Upper Primary schools to reopen this week
- Change in timings of all markets in Durgapur with new restrictions