The Country is facing the toughest challenge of COVID-19 for the past few months.
Amidst the situation of such unrest, Super Cyclone “Amphan” caused a devastating effect on Bengal ,Orissa ,Bangladesh and specially the Coastal Areas.
Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee has attenuated various fields and sectors from 22 May ,2020.
Meanwhile the Durgapur Administration and Bankura District Magistrate Arun Prasad has announced that as the monsoon will arrive in Bengal within a few week or so.
So they have to take urgent initiative in order to repair Switch Gate of Durgapur Barrage.
That’s why Transportation of Vehicles on Durgapur Barrage will remain closed from 23rd May to 3rd June from 11P.M. to 4A.M.
Few rules have been implemented for this purpose.
There is a strict prohibition of transport for the above mentioned time except ambulance and firebrigade in emergency cases.
The speed of vehicles have to be kept below or at 10km/hr to avoid further destruction.
Bankura and Durgapur Police will be active on duty during the working hours.
Previously the repair work of Durgapur Barrage had been in done in 2 major intervals, the first being from September 9-September 25, 2019, the second was 4 October -19 October, 2019 and the third will soon start from 23 May -3 June 2020.
Basically to avoid major destruction of districts of Bankura, Burdwan, Hoogly during flooding and for their major aid during monsoons this ideal step reconstruction has been taken by the Govt.
The Durgapur Barrage Bridge Connects districts of Bankura, Purulia, Medinipur and Paschim Bardhaman.
Heavy vehicles transportation are common and prime in this route. Therefore the repair work has to be completed as soon as possible.
Bankura administrator in charges assured a swift target to complete it and there will no harassment of vehicle passage during the non working hours.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021
- Birth Certificate Download and Status Check West Bengal 2021
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Online Apply 2021 (New process)