Kolkata: With the rising COVID-19 cases in West Bengal, the WB Govt may impose a complete lockdown in all containment zones from 5 pm on July 9, Thursday.
According to the sources, the lockdown will mainly be imposed on all containment and buffer zones in the districts of Kolkata, Howrah, South 24 Parganas, and North 24 Parganas.
Earlier, West Bengal government had divided the zones into three categories: Affected zones, Buffer zones and Clean zones.
But now affected and buffer zones are being merged.
The complete list of containment zones will be officially released by the government tomorrow, 8th July.
As many as 861 people have tested positive for the virus in the past 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 22,987.
All Offices, both private and government, will be closed in the containment zones and all kinds of transportation will be banned.
Non-essential activities will not be allowed in these zones.
Local authorities will try and arrange home delivery of essential commodities for the residents of these areas.
All the areas under the containment zones will be known only after it is officially released by the government.
The notice however did not mention for how lock the lockdown will last.
The list of containment zones will be updated here tomorrow.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- How To Update Mobile Number Registered With Vehicle 2023
- 6 Best Parks To Visit in Durgapur (West Bengal)
- How To Find Duare Sarkar Camp List Near You In West Bengal 2023
- Vehicle No Objection Certificate (NOC) Download Process 2023
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate PDF Download Online Process 2023
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) PDF Download Process 2023
- How To Check RTO Application Status Online 2023
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially
- Caste Certificate Download (PDF) Online Process West Bengal 2023