Kolkata: With the rising COVID-19 cases in West Bengal, the WB Govt may impose a complete lockdown in all containment zones from 5 pm on July 9, Thursday.
According to the sources, the lockdown will mainly be imposed on all containment and buffer zones in the districts of Kolkata, Howrah, South 24 Parganas, and North 24 Parganas.
Earlier, West Bengal government had divided the zones into three categories: Affected zones, Buffer zones and Clean zones.
But now affected and buffer zones are being merged.
The complete list of containment zones will be officially released by the government tomorrow, 8th July.
As many as 861 people have tested positive for the virus in the past 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 22,987.
All Offices, both private and government, will be closed in the containment zones and all kinds of transportation will be banned.
Non-essential activities will not be allowed in these zones.
Local authorities will try and arrange home delivery of essential commodities for the residents of these areas.
All the areas under the containment zones will be known only after it is officially released by the government.
The notice however did not mention for how lock the lockdown will last.
The list of containment zones will be updated here tomorrow.
Get Latest News and Updates about Durgapur on WhatsApp
[Like our Facebook Page to get Regular Updates about Durgapur]
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- How To Apply for Duplicate Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- How To Change Address In Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- Driving Licence Renewal Online Process 2023 (All States)
- mParivahan App Registration and Login Process Online 2023
- Aadhaar Bank Link Status Check (All Banks) Online Process 2023
- Durgapur To Kolkata – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train
- Digital Ration Card West Bengal (Khadya Sathi Scheme) 2023
- Vehicle Ownership Or RC Transfer Status Check Online Process
- Flights from Durgapur to Jaipur and Patna to start from May 2023