Kolkata: With the rising COVID-19 cases in West Bengal, the WB Govt may impose a complete lockdown in all containment zones from 5 pm on July 9, Thursday.
According to the sources, the lockdown will mainly be imposed on all containment and buffer zones in the districts of Kolkata, Howrah, South 24 Parganas, and North 24 Parganas.
Earlier, West Bengal government had divided the zones into three categories: Affected zones, Buffer zones and Clean zones.
But now affected and buffer zones are being merged.
The complete list of containment zones will be officially released by the government tomorrow, 8th July.
As many as 861 people have tested positive for the virus in the past 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 22,987.
All Offices, both private and government, will be closed in the containment zones and all kinds of transportation will be banned.
Non-essential activities will not be allowed in these zones.
Local authorities will try and arrange home delivery of essential commodities for the residents of these areas.
All the areas under the containment zones will be known only after it is officially released by the government.
The notice however did not mention for how lock the lockdown will last.
The list of containment zones will be updated here tomorrow.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021
- Birth Certificate Download and Status Check West Bengal 2021
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Online Apply 2021 (New process)