Kolkata: After an All-Party meeting that was organized in Nabanna, the West Bengal government announced the extension of the lockdown in the state.
This decision was taken keeping in mind the number of positive cases in the state.
On 24th June, Wednesday, an all-party meeting was called to be held at Nabanna to take a decision regarding the extension of lockdown in the state.
After the end of the 3hours-long meeting, the West Bengal government made an announcement that the on going lockdown in the state will be extended till 31st July with some relaxations.
The West Bengal government have previously announced that school, colleges and other educational institutions will remain closed till 31st July.
The ongoing lockdown in the state was previously set to end on 30th June.
The government had already started various government and private inter-district bus services within the state.
Passenger trains and metros, however, are still not in operation yet in the state.
The West Bengal government have also allowed all religious places to open to the general public with various safety measures and proper sanitization guidelines.
A discussion regarding Cyclone Amphan was done in the meeting too.
Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee gave out a strong message that Nepotism and Corruption will not be tolerated during the distribution of relief funds.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Durgapur Utsav 2023 – Date, Timings, Venue, Programs
- SAIL Mediclaim E-Card (PDF) Download Online Process 2023
- Disability Certificate Status Check Online Process West Bengal 2023
- How To Download Disability Certificate (PDF) In West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Correction Online Process 2023
- Durgapur ISKCON Temple – Timings, Location, Occasions
- How To Apply For Disability Certificate Online West Bengal 2023
- How To Download Road Tax/Registration Fee Payment Receipt 2023
- e-Shram Card Download Online Process (In 3 Steps) 2023